SIXTY-NINE

You

A/N: get your minds out of the gutter lads :))))
also! thanks for waiting and your patience. apologies again.

So many things ran through me when he said those four words.

I nodded, only hesitating because I was trying to pull myself together. I felt so many things that I didn't think were possible around him, everything was indescribable.

But it was the best kind of indescribable.

"You-" Connor began.

"Yes Connor," I grinned, nodding faster. "Yes- Oh my god, yes, I wanna marry you!"

His expression made it seem like he wanted to say so many things, but Connor managed an emotional "okay".

He took my left hand and slid the beautiful ring on before standing up.
We admired the ring, which sparkled and seemed to complement everything around us.

But this wasn't about the ring, or its value or its cost. At this moment, it was only us.

"I think that looks pretty good, huh?" Connor spoke after a few blissful seconds of silence.

I let out a laugh through a small cry. "I'd say so," I replied as he kissed my forehead and wrapped his arms around me. I returned the embrace and held him like I haven't before. Like I would never have this moment again.

But we've had it the second I knew him.

"I love you so much, Connor..." I could feel his smile against my shoulder. I needed to say it so many times, each syllable with more meaning because Connor deserved it all.

"I love you more, Y/N," Connor whispered back, "You have no idea."

Our faces dried and our lips touched. I felt his thumb gingerly rub my hand that wore the ring.

"Con," I began, "I- god, I can't believe you asked me here at..."

He pulled back and touched his forehead on mine. "Yea, I thought this reunion would work in our favor."

I covered my mouth again before burying my face in his chest.
"I know how much this matters to you, Y/N." I heard him say softly.

"You matter so much more to me, Connor," I whispered. "Thank you."

When I glanced back up, his eyebrow was raised. "For..?"

"For being Connor Murphy, goddammit. For being there for me and understanding, for even remembering about thi-"

My lips were caught by his once again.

"I should be telling you all that." He sighed under his breath.

I took both his hands and opened my mouth to say something else before something else caught our attention. It was coming from inside the building.

"Wait, did-"

"Is Connor actually doing..."

"Holy shit, shut your pieholes! We don't know how thin the walls are here-"