FORTY-EIGHT

Connor

The sudden feeling of tiredness nearly distracted me from leading myself and Y/N to the right room. I'd probably have questions too if someone told me we would be sleeping in a bathroom.

After Zoe and Evan had disappeared intro their shared bedroom, I navigated the small hallway for me and Y/N's.
"So I know this is a 'summer house' and all, but it looks pretty cozy for the winter," Y/N's voice trailed off behind me as she looked around.

Sighing but agreeing with her, I said, "Trust me, I would much rather go here than skiing."

"I can tell."

I spotted the door that led to our room, quickly unlocked it, and pushed it open. My eyes devoured the sight of the neatly made, comfortable queen-sized bed. Clean bedside tables rested on either side of it with warmly lit lamps on top.

I remembered Zoe and I would used to always fight about who got to sleep in it and have the room during vacations when we were younger. I also remember forgetting I was a tall and stupid five-year-old and hitting my head on the ceiling fan above it.

Good times.

As we dropped our stuff down near the corner of the room, I felt my toes squish at the soft, tan carpets, and was thankful there weren't any bugs.

"This is so nice," Y/N silently commented at the sight of everything. I shook my head at her easily impressed self.

I scratched the back of my neck, staring at the luggage and wishing it would just put itself away.
"Okay, so in the closet there should be two dressers and one of those hanger-rack things, whatever the fuck they're called." I yawned as I waved my hand over to the wall closet covered by sliding doors that matched the wall.

Y/N tilted her head, an understanding expression on her face.

"What? Something wrong?" I asked slowly as I unzipped my backpack.

"You're pretty tired,"

"No shit, I'm exhausted."

"How about you just get some rest, I can just unpack some stuff."

I snorted as she raised an eyebrow. "You sound like a mom, Y/N," The sliding door squeaked as I tried to pull it open. "You're tired too, I can take care of this."

"Connor,"

"Y/N," I copied her soft tone.

"Hey-"

I placed my hand on her shoulder, brushing against her delicate cheek in the process. "I'm not that tired, let me take care of it."

She glanced down at her feet, but tilted her head back up stubbornly. "I'm not that tired either. At least let me help."

"I think I'm good," I chuckled at her. Neither of us would be getting any sleep if this kept up.

Y/N crossed her arms as she sat against the footboard. "Well I'm not moving."

"Neither am I," I dropped my arms by my side, giving up.

We stood there and bickered like an old married couple for another good minute or so. After a while, we finally budged and quickly changed into whatever was comfortable before climbing into bed.

Well, after we unpacked one backpack. The rest of the luggage we couldn't care less about.

"I guess we were tired enough to argue about random shit like getting stuff put away. Y/N yawned after shutting the lights off.