SIXTEEN

A/N: I KNOW I KNOW AUTHORS NOTES ARE ANNOYING BUT THIS DIDDLY DARN EXCUSE OF A STORY JUST RANKED #1 IN CONNORMURPHY IM SHOOK

so uh in celebration you guys get a new chapter :D (im really fcking shook rn)

i just wanna say thanks for reading this story in general. i know people say this a lot but i honestly didn't think this book was gonna get any attention.

am i getting too excited about this? yea i'm getting too excited about this.

thanks again :-)

Connor

Mom's keys jingled as she managed to balance her yoga stuff and pancakes in her arms. She said goodbye and walked out the door and was followed by my dad who was focused on his email. "You guys behave" was all he said before he left.

"She went to yoga class yesterday." Zoe mumbled as she lazily turned on the TV.

"No shit, Sherlock." I sighed as I got up from the couch, my sweater still in hand. My sister looked at me, then to my sweater, then back at me. "What?" I asked.

"I have so many questions." She said as she leaned back on the couch.

"Yea. Mom and Dad don't know, and they'll probably freak the fuck out because their freak of a son is dating someone. Actually, you know what? They probably won't even give a shit. Mom didn't even notice Y/N was wearing my sweater." I say. Zoe just looked down having nothing to say and let me walk upstairs. I almost tripped over an empty plastic jar before I got to my bed. I stopped when I realized there was still a bill in my pocket.

That dealer is my girlfriend's mom.

Y/N's mom.

Fuck.

I raced down the stairs after putting on the hoodie that wasn't thick enough to keep me warm. "I'm going out. Tell Mom or Dad and you're dead." I threatened Zoe as I opened the front door and slammed it once I was hit from the cold outside.

•••

TW- smoking, drug topic

Leaves crunched under my boots as I cautiously walked to the back of the pub that was still closed. The woman with the eyepatch and wrinkly skin leaned up against the brick wall and was selling to a customer. She handed her a baggie with some little green nuggets.

"Thirty by Friday or else." She warned as the little teen scurried off. I walked towards the woman with the patch and her gang.

"You know Pirate," I started, "I always wonder why you charge in the twenties to fifties. Don't other druggies demand hundreds?"

She snickered and lit a small cigarette. "That's just how I roll, Murphy." She eyed me carefully and then asked with a raspy voice "Where's the money that's about a couple weeks late?"

Already irritated, I took the folded bill out and handed it to her. She nodded and smirked as she snatched it. "Here's the thing, Pirate," I crossed my arms as she sneered at me. "I'm not gonna be one of your customers anymore."

Pirate snickered again and adjusted her eyepatch. "You scared of me? 'Zat why the money was late?" The wrinkles on her face were more visible as she cackled. "Oh Connor, you can say that all you want. You can say that you want to stop." She stepped closer to me and her eyes, well, eye was squinting, "But here's the thing, I have so much of the good shit that I charge less so I can sell more. You're gonna crawl back desperate for just a sprinkle of it. No one ever leaves me."