FIFTY-EIGHT

Connor

(the vine is important don't worry)

Right after I threw the last of my luggage back into my room, I lazily flopped back down on my own bed. My tired eyes landed on the college letter sitting on my sheets and I reached out and took it. I had to admit, I didn't think I was gonna get anywhere after my senior year. Hell, I didn't think I was gonna get through the first day of it. And it didn't really hit me as much when I first got it or when Y/N tackled me with that hug.

I was thankful for her too, even if I didn't say it. She didn't have to stay up from god knows what time to watch me have a meltdown.

Sighing loudly, I turned over on my back and used my other hand to grab my phone and scroll around. When I saw Jared's contact, I smirked. Y/N had good ideas about who to prank call.

Just as I was about to tap his contact, my device vibrated and Y/N's name and adorable, smiling profile picture appeared on the screen. I answered. "What's up?"

I was met with the same smile on the screen. "CONNOR! DUDE! GUESS WHAT THE FUCK-"

I chuckled a little.
This is familiar.

"Y/N, you're moving the phone too much, it's cutting out."

"Okay, okay..." I saw her set her own phone down on her desk.

"I thought you were gonna text." I sat up and scratched the back of my neck.

"I was, but I would've typed to fast and ended up typing something you probably wouldn't understand. So you're gonna have to be listening to this-" She pointed at herself. "atrocity talking."

I shook my head. "Stop it, you're great."

Y/N raised an eyebrow, skeptical. "That's your opinion."

It's not an opinion, I wanted to say. It was a fact. I was video calling an angel.

"Alright Y/N," I breathed out, almost laughing softly again, "What's up?"

Her eyes lit up as she held up a white, unfolded letter with a university's crest on the top left corner. "I got in."

I let myself smile widely and my mouth hangs open a bit. "You got in?"

Y/N looked like she was about to explode with positivity that it seemed almost hard to believe she had negative feelings at all. "I'm going to college!"

I wanted so badly to reach through the screen and give her the biggest hug, even bigger than the one she gave me at our spot. "Dude that's fucking awesome! I- Congrats!" She kept her eyes on the letter as she spun around in her chair. "When does your term start?"

There was a pause as she skimmed over the letter. "Before yours. Sooner, even."

I shrugged and she bit her lip, looking slightly concerned. "That's fine, I have more time to pack." I joked. "Y/N, dude, congratulations!"

The call lagged out a little, and all the while she said something under her breath. "What?" I asked, "Nothings wrong right now, right?"

"No! Well, nothing is really wrong but like," With a worried look, Y/N let the paper fall on the desk.

I gulped, hoping that none of this would be going to shit anytime soon.

"What is it, Y/N?"

A nervous laugh escaped her. "So, remember how we were both freaking out because I thought I was gonna have to move and all that shit?"

I nodded. My hands fiddled with each other, waiting for what she was gonna say next.

Then I realized didn't have to wait because it suddenly popped into my head. What I didn't realize was how much emotions could mix so much.
"Y/N, Are you..."