Chapter Twenty-Seven

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️

[OLIVIA'S POV]

There's no way I'm here. Not again. No way I'm in this paralyzing state of fear and panic. But rather than being scared for my life, I'm scared for a greater reason. She yanked a handful of my hair and pushed my back against the wall. She put her lips on mine forcefully and I couldn't help but cringe. Her disgusting lips touched me. There was a bitter taste of cigarettes on her tongue one that could not be ignored.

"I've waited for that but it was nothing how I imagined" She flipped her hair over her shoulder. She was wearing a tight mini skirt with bright yellow boots and a crop top with a deep v-cut. There was a throbbing pain in the side of my head from where she hit me earlier.

"Stop teasing her" Kai watched as I squirmed uncomfortably. "Why are you still going after her Shawn?" he paused looking behind me. "Why won't you let them live? I betrayed my best friend, and hurt this innocent girl, who has done nothing but trust you Kate. So I simply ask Why?'

"You know your really starting to annoy me?"Shawn rolled his eyes and sat beside him. "But I can't kill you" He grabbed his neck playfully. He smiled at him and Kai smiled back and for a moment they looked like a truly happy family. Shawn got up and sat beside another man. He looked younger than him but older than Kai.

"Yes brother?"The boy asked.

"I love you Christian"

"I love you too, Shawn" he smiled. but Shawn quickly got up and stood behind him.

"But some things have to be done" he raised his arm up with a gun in his hand. He quickly pulled the trigger. I screamed out of reflex and locked at him shockingly. "What little bird? Daddy can't have a bit of fun?" He laughed. He kissed my cheek sweetly before reached for my arm. I flinched and I could his face falter. "I won't hurt you. Not anymore" he reached behind me and cut the ropes that restrained. "Just don't fight. Don't be scared" he caresses my cheek before smiling at me. "I'm sorry" he paused. "For all of this"

"You've gone soft on her" Kate looked at him wildly. "This was supposed to be revenge in Harry bu-but you love her?"

"You do too Kate" he retorted holding my hand. I wasn't afraid to move away from him but this was the Shawn I met in Harry's office. This is the one I thought I could have a future with. This is the one Harry liked.

"God!" She screamed looking up at the roof. "Why does this pampered princess get everything in fucking life?!" She ran over and kicked me repeatedly.

"Stop" he protested standing.

When I tried to stand she slipped my legs from under me causing me to fall back to the floor. I shielded my stomach with my arms and took every hit.

"What are you- You were..." she looked genuinely shocked before laughed. "Oh this is gold"

"What is?" Shawn turned his back to me. When he looked down Kate took the gun off the table and whipped it across his head.

"None of your concern" she looked over her shoulder and pointed the gun at me. "Kai, get the ropes" he nodded before ducking into the back.

Once he returned she quickly tied me up and then did the same to Shawn.

"Now to tie up loose ends" she turned and rapidly shot two bullets into Kai's diaphragm.

She walked over to me and looked at my coyly as she stared at my restrained hands. She kicked me in my stomach and it hurt that I couldn't react. I couldn't protect it. She looked down as blood started to engulf the ground underneath me. I groaned as I realized the pain I was in. She kicked one more time and my scream grew louder. Shawn popped up on queue of my scream.