B3: Chapter Eleven

Weeks had passed

Weeks had passed. His album dropped and was a success. But, even in the joy of its groundbreaking success, I couldn't help but hear those words resonating in my head. "There's a piece of you in how I dress."

But he's going about things like they were perfectly fine. I've been lying each time he asked me was I alright. I would space out and I could tell every emotion I felt could be made out on my face.

I woke in Harry's arms. He was still asleep. His lips twitched slightly. I've always and will asl ways find him a phenomenal sight. He always took away my breath. I couldn't get enough of him. No matter how hurt or angry I am. I would always come around for him. He's my person. The one that I'm so desperately afraid to lose. He knows this. Each time I've come running back to my place in his arms. So what is it that he's so afraid to tell me? What is it that's haunting him so badly?

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, my love, happy birthday to you," I sang softly and kissed the tip of his nose. He shuffled and pulled me closer into him. He was still gone to the world.

His phone began to vibrate. He hated having his ringer on because every time the phone rang it was some type of bad news. He associated the simple Apple ringtone with so much death and hate, that now, he himself hated it.

"Harry, your phone," I nudged him. "Harry."

"You get it," he murmured softly.

I rolled my eyes and reached behind him and grabbed it.

"Hello?"

"Harry," the voice with a strong accent spoke. "We need to talk. It's been too long, we need to resolve this now. If what we had really mattered, you'll meet me at Café Amorado just before noon for the closure we really deserve."

And then they hung up. What had they had? The number wasn't saved. They had no previous messages. I couldn't tell who it was.

I looked at the clock and read 11:30. I rolled out of Harry's arms and dressed casually.

I woke the kids and brought them with me.

"Mama, where are we going?"

"We're just going to see one of Daddy's friends, okay?" Wes nodded. "We can get ice cream and cookies on our way back home, that okay with you two?"

Both of my beautiful children nodded. It amazed me how much they had grown. I thought the continuous, almost story-like, events would cause them to have much greater issues. But my little fighters haven't changed a bit. They were still their odd joyous little selves.

We rolled into the parking lot. I don't know what I was expecting to see when I walked into the restaurant. Camille Rowe? Nadia? Natalie? But I can tell you this. I wasn't expecting this.

"Shawn?"

"Yes," he answered my phone call. "Is something wrong?"

"Nothings wrong, I just..." I paused taking a shaky breath. "I just need you to come get the kids for a moment. Take them to the park or the skating ring anything. I just... I really need a few moments alone."

"Okay," he said. "I'll be there, but on one condition, you're gonna tell me what's going on."

Ten minutes later Shawn pulled up beside me. He looked at my face before getting out and ushering the kids into his car. He tapped on my window as a signal for me to roll it down.

"Whatever is going on, you know I'm here for you. Right?"

"Yes, I know," I smiled adoring that look of concern in his eyes. "Go have fun with the kids. I know it's been a while since you've seen them. I'll be there in a bit."

He nodded and placed a kiss to my cheek. He brought his engine to life and drove away.

After an hour my phone began to vibrate violently. Harry's face illuminated my screen. I couldn't even bring my self to pick up the phone. I was unaware of how to take the secret I had learned.

He left a voicemail. I picked up my phone and brought it to my ear.

"Olivia, if you're where I think you are, then I know that you know," he sniffed. Had he been crying? "Come home and let me explain, please? When I was younger everything happened so quickly I-I-I-I didn't, I didn't mean to fall," he sobbed. "Please just come home to me, Liv. I need you right now."

The voicemail ended. The feeling of hot tears ran down my cheeks. I wasn't disgusted or shocked. I was just confused. Why didn't he tell me? Why didn't he trust me enough to tell me?

The sight of my kids playing with four other kids warmed my heart. They were so social and sweet. Those two, my pride and joy, were the kindest most valuable creatures on this earth. They wore the brightest eyes matched with the widest smiles. Beautiful.

I bore these children with the man I love. I married him. I raised them with him. I sacrificed so much of my life for them, I'd do it again thoughtlessly. But still, that wasn't enough to tell me this. No secrets, we promised. But I suppose to him, this promise excluded his little secret of, I guess what he thought, little magnitude.

Was this all a ruse for him? Was this some cover-up to disguise what was really happening? My heart throbbing in my chest at the possibilities of all the answers to the questions in my head being true.

"What's going on?" Shawn said sliding in the seat beside me with his eyes remaining on the kids.

"What would you do if you learned something that you know you were supposed to be left in the dark about?"

His eyes left the kids for a moment and looked at me as my eyes remained on them. "What did you learn, Olivia?"

I didn't answer. I didn't want to answer. You see sometimes being left in the dark is better. This is one of those times. Because now, fully aware of the truth, I question everything. I think everything. My marriage, my family, my love, it's a sham.

"I learned something that can make or break my marriage."

End of Chapter

[A/N] Heyy, sorry for such late updates. I've been swamped lately. Judging for the spice off awards has begun and school has been kicking my butt.

Go check out CinnamonCentral if you're interested in the spice off awards. But I promise I'll try to update more.

Also, do you like the cliffhanger? We haven't had one in a while. Lol, I felt like it was needed.

Welp, adiós mis amigos. Hasta pronto. Mwah.