B2: Chapter Fourteen

[A/N] Happy birthday Harry

[A/N] Happy birthday Harry. There truly is no greater way to start a great month. I love you much. Tú tienes mi corazon, mi amour. Y'all look a that pretty smile above. Isn't it beautiful?

OLIVIA'S POV

He was asleep. Now his eyes were closed and his lashes rested softly on his cheek.

He looked peaceful now. Like he had never been touched by man or sickness.

I couldn't believe I hadn't guessed it. It'd explain why our results got mixed up. It would explain everything. I just wish I would've found out sooner. I wish we had more time.

Before I realized it, the clock struck twelve and it was officially Harry's birthday.

I didn't wanna wake him. I didn't wanna do anything to him. I just wanted to watch him sleep. Because when he was asleep he didn't know he was sick, when he was asleep I felt like nothing could happen to him.

"Happy birthday, Harry" I pressed a kissed to his cheek as I voiced my hushed whisper. "I love you more than you will ever possibly know"

"I love you too" he grumbled back silently. He reached an arm back and pulled me down into his arms. He nuzzled his head into my neck and matched his breathing with mine.

I felt underserving of his words. I felt guilty for his sickness. I felt like somehow this was my fault. I felt guilt and grief.

My eyes overflowed and leaked down into Harry's cheek.

"I'll be fine" he murmured when the tear fell on his cheek. "Nothing can take me from you."

I tried to keep my cries silent and keep my breathing even. I did so until his grip loosened in me so much that his hands slipped from my cheek. I thought - I thought he... it was too much for me. I slipped from out of his arms making sure he stayed asleep.

I wrote a letter and placed it beside his table. When he woke he would find the bed empty, he would find the apartment empty. And he needed to know why.

HARRY'S POV

I tossed and turned. The sheets and covers stop me soon feeling to heavy for my body. The immense heat seared my skin like a wildfire. Her voice still ringing in my ears. "You have cancer." "The last most deadly stage."

My mind drifted back to the nightmare I had a year or two ago. "Soon you'll see what it's like to lose everything". The words were now stuck with me like glue to a toddlers hands. I would lose everything.

I flipped to warp my arms around Olivia to find them hit the bed. My eyes shot open and I sat up so fast that my head instantly started to throb, signaling for me to slow down. But I didn't. Panic flood through my head making my impulse shoot quicker than my mind. She wasn't in bed, she wasn't in the bathroom, she wasn't downstairs. No one was here. She wasn't here.

She left me.

I felt my eyes sting as my hands went up to my hair. I clenched it along with my jaw trying not to break. Trying not to crumple. But I did. In that moment I fell apart. I wasn't the strong Harry I always prospered to be. I was weak and feeble.

She didn't want me. She didn't need me. I don't blame her. I knew what was coming. I won't be fine, I won't be okay, I won't be anything but a decaying living corpse waiting for the sweet taste of death to linger in my lips and bless me with sweet relief.

She didn't want this. I don't either.

I needed a drink. I know she hated it whenever I drunk but that what I needed right now. I needed to not remember this. I need to not know what it felt like to break apart because the person you love the most has left because you weren't enough but your sickness was too much.

I stalked down stairs sniffing every three seconds when I noticed small yellow carnations littering the floor. My favorite flower. Curiosity sparked within me as the soft sound of music started to play. Someone on a guitar. It wasn't a radio or some song blasted from a speaker. It was a special song. A song that I recognized with ease.

"Wise men say, only fools rush in. But I can't help falling in love with you" I couldn't quite recognize the voice. It seemed to be one I hadn't heard. It was somewhat familiar, like I had heard them talk before. I rounded the corner and the carnations seemed to multiply greatly.

When my eyes flicked up they landed on Olivia. My Liv. She was was focused on the guitar. Her eyes narrowed at her fingers carful not to stroke the wrong string or interrupt her perfect strumming. She was surrounded by lit candles and bright yellow carnations. The guitar she was playing on was an exact replica of the guitar I was telling her I wanted. It was beautiful. The colors, the images, the sound. Pure perfection.

"Shall I stay? Would it be a sin? If I can't help falling in love with you. Like a river flows, surely to the sea. Darling, so it goes, somethings are meant to be" her singing was perfect.

The most beautiful voice I had ever heard was coming from before me. It was coming from Olivia, my Liv.

I took a step forward which she heard. Her eyes met mine and a small smile started to play on her lips. Her fingers stoped and her smile widened. I was crying. I felt the tears drip from my chin to my bare chest.

She realigned her fingers and started to strum again. "So take my hand, take me whole life too. For I can't help falling in love with you" she looked up at me again before singing the last line to our song. The song that was made for us, the song that was meant for us. "For I can't help falling in love with you."

"Liv" my voice cracked as I tried to contain a sob.

"Happy birthday Harry"

End of Chapter