Chapter Thirty-Nine Part One

[HARRY'S POV]

I was woken by the soft sounds of someone sobbing. I laid in the bed with my eyes shut tight. The medicine was slowly wearing off and all of the wounds from last night started to catch up with me.

"Come on mi hija, you don't need to be here" I listened to the man with a faint accent call out to someone.

"No" I felt someone wrap their fingers around mine. The touch of this person made my skin heat and I instantly knew who it was. "He's my husband I need to be here" Olivia's hand fit perfectly into mine despite how small they were. I gave my best efforts to squeeze and hold her hand tight. But it was a useless attempt so much pain radiated through my arm to just simply move one finger.

"Olivia, darling. Being here will only make this harder on you"

"And not being here will make it even harder on me. If you have nothing comforting to say; don't say anything at all or better" she paused. "Leave. I didn't ask you to come here you pushed yourself here"

I heard a sharp intake of breathe and then the sound of a door shutting.

"Olivia" I managed to cough out while finally prying it eyes open.

"Harry" she sniffed. "Nurse" she called out before turning back to me. "I... I, we need to talk"

"Okay" I tried to sit up. My voice stained as I tried.

"No, stay down. You're in to much pain" she wiped at her tears. "I'll do the talking. These years with you have been absolutely perfect but we won't be left alone. Desmond, Lucas, Kate, Nina. They won't stop until we leave each other or one of us is dead. I won't let that happen to you she sobbed"

"What- what are you saying?" I tilted my head to the side.

"I'm saying that I'm leaving you. I'm only doing this because I don't want either one of us to get hurt" she sobbed again. Her eyes stated to rim red and I could feel mine start to sting. She reached for her finger and carefully slid the cool metal off. "Thank you Harry for giving me the opportunity to love and be loved" she placed it in my uncurled fingers and then wrapped them around it. "I wouldn't have changed it for the world"

She stood abruptly and moved to the door.

I couldn't bring myself to say anything. The her words were absolutely choking me.

"Goodbye Harry" she whimpered before exiting. She past my family and the looked at her concerned. Gemma's eyes travelled to be and then to my balled hand. I opened it and her face fell. Like my heart.

"She left me"

[OLIVIA'S POV]

Don't look back, don't look back, don't look back.

I could feel my throat start to close as I exited the doors. I fought through the waves of paparazzi. At the end was Charlie waiting in the car. He looked at me with somber eyes.

"I don't wanna talk" I whispered as I swung open the door.

I looked into the sky as my heart started to physically hurt in my chest.

I did the right thing, right? This is the right thing, right? It's for the best, right?

See if all of this is true then why don't I feel like it's the right thing. Why do I feel like I'm leaving my life behind?

Maybe that's because I am. Maybe it's because the wrong thing feels so right but the right thing feels so wrong.

"Where to?" Charlie spoke.

"Home" I whispered. It hurt that this would be the last time I'd ever refer to Harry's home as home.