B2: Chapter Seventeen

OLIVIA'S POV
"Where are you happiest?"

I looked him in his eyes and pulled my children closer to us. "With you", his smile widened as he placed a kiss to our heads and I did the same to the spot below his jaw.

"No matter what, you know that I'll love you forever right?"

"How long is forever?"

"However long we make it", he nuzzled his head into my neck and let his hand rest atop Wes'.

"Mommy?" Nat likes up at me with big brown eyes. Just like mine. "How much do you love me?"

"You see grasshopper, I love you more than the number of raindrops falling from the sky. I love you more than the number of snowflakes in Alaska. I love you more than the number of stars in the universe."

"Does daddy love us that much?" Her eyes were gleaming in an unidentified light.

"Daddy loves us that much and so much more", I smiled thinking of his warm touch on my neck and my back. "Daddy's love is infinite like Mommy's. We would do anything for you. We would do anything for each other. Even giving up each other if that's what it took."

Suddenly I was jolted out of my sleep because of a loud wail. This cry wasn't familiar, it wasn't one that I had ever heard. But it was loud and hearty and full of grief.

I slid out of bed and slipped on Harry's long button up. I wonder where he was. He must be in his office.

I went downstairs to see what all the commotion was about. When I walked down I saw both Anne and Gemma in the floor crying in each other's arms.

Everyone else was reading a piece of ran paper. There was only one book that had that paper. I looked at the corner of them and saw his initials. It was ripped out of Harry's book.

Everything was still the same as the previous night. The carnations, the stool, the way that the guitar sat against it. The only difference was the fact that the candles were no longer giving off heir beautiful light. They were smothered with ashes. And the carnations leading to the stairs looked over-trampled.

"What's going on?"

Bryce and Shawn's eyes snapped up to me. Bryce's eyes were taken by shock but Shawn's, Shawn's spoke true loss. They were rimmed with red and his lip quivered as I prepared to speak.

"He's gone", he whispered breathlessly. He stumbled back into the wall and slid down trying his best to keep his composure.

"Who gone? What do you mean?" I looked around. "Who's gone?" And that's when Shawn broke. Like snow on a scrawny limb, he broke.

His sobs rocked through him and echoed throughout the apartment loudly. It seemed as if his cry reached every room and multiplied coming back.

Anne and Gemma have not said a word. The kids seemed just as confused as I and Bryce just stood there. Shocked.

"He's gonna die."

"Who is? What's going on? Where's my husband?" I liked around and he was not to be found. I stalked up to his office only to find it empty. I checked the room again and noticed a camera that wasn't there when I was asleep.