Chapter Forty-One

[OLIVIA'S POV]

I shouldn't have said anything. Why did Harry have to show up? Why'd he have to come back with those crystalized irises, and cute fluffy hair. I hate him. I hate the way that one dimple forms, I hate the way his eyes flutter when he's thinking, and I absolutely hate the way he's looking at my kids. Like he's waited his whole life to see them. I hate that I took that away from him.

"MOM!" James yelled in my ear.

"God Wesley, I heard you"

"Why do you call him Wesley or Wes?" Harry interjected. "I thought his names was James?"

"It is" I spoke quickly making the mistake of looking up into his eyes. "Wesley is his middle name, it was a force of habit I'm trying to break it though"

"Oh" He nodded. "Well, I'm Harry Styles"

"She said that" Nat chimed in hugging me. "You're pretty" She blinked slowly hiding behind me.

He held out his hand and Nat took it reluctantly: "And so are you" he placed his lips to the back of her hand. "You get it from your mother" He looked up at me out of the corner of his eyes. "She's very beautiful, right?"

She nodded with a smile looking back at me. Nat was starting to seem very accepting of Harry; but James looked almost shy. But there wasn't a day that this boy was ever shy.

"Go talk to him" he shook his head and scooted closer into me. "James, your Christmas wish was to meet your dad—well he's right here, it's your choice to get up and accept him" he looked at me one last time before going to Harry and sitting beside him.

"Thank you for giving me a chance" he smiled down at his son. "I've wanted to meet you for the longest, I didn't know there was two of you though" he paused looking up at me before licking over his lips with that sly smile plastering over his face. "Twins"

"Fraternal" I breathed taking in the sight of Harry and the kids. My heart fluttered at the thought of us being a family. All of us. "I'm sorry, for all of this" I dropped my gaze from them.

"I don't wanna talk about it right now" I nodded as he huffed. "Are you ready to leave?" I nodded again and headed for the door.

James quickly caught up to me and wrapped his fingers around my hand. His hand felt cold and small in mine. I loved this feeling. The feeling of loving my kids. I finally got the one thing that I'd ever wanted. But there will always be one thing missing; but maybe he'll stay. Maybe.

I buckled the kids into their car seats with Jenna in between them. She was only a couple of months younger and had lots in common with them which best friends. I slid into the car and pressed the button that started up immediately.

"Upgraded, huh?" Harry's voice sounded.

"Oh, umm yeah" I chuckled awkwardly. "Needed something that was a bit more... kid friendly"

He hummed in response and stared out of the window. I could feel the air thicken around me, I could feel his intense stare on me, I could feel his thoughts running wild. I could practically hear his heart thumping in his chest.

"I can feel you looking at me"

"Sorry" I glanced over at him and he was rubbing his neck nervously. "You've changed a lot, I umm I like the hair. It looks good on you" I felt his fingers comb through it gently. "It's beautiful"

I had changed so much since I last saw him. It was the only way I could stand to look at myself. My hair was shorter and curled more than ever. I even dyed it a platinum blonde, but I could sense it had already started to fade.