B2: Chapter Thirteen

HARRY'S POV
"I don't care what I'll have to do, but I refuse to let you fall out of life with me" a loud sob sounded but her eyes remained in me. I tried to look back, but her hand cupped my face, keeping my head from turning any further.

"I'm here for you, baby"

"I know. I know that I can always lean on you"

"No, I'm here... for you" she emphasized. She finally released my head turning it to the side.

My eyes took in a red-faced Olivia. Not red with anger, red with something I had yet to see. Guilt? No, I know the look of guilt that isn't it. Betrayal? No, I've seen that look one to many time to not be able to identify. Was this... was this grief? I've only seen this once but it wasn't this look. This, this is more passionate, more real.

Who died? Oh god, please don't be the kids. Wait—how'd she get over there? Wasn't I just...

I turned back to face her, she was still there. This time she was bruised and beat up. She had blood dripping from her lips and a giant blood-red stain on her stomach and ripped clothes. "I'm here for you, Harry"

My eyes dropped down to my hands where there should have been blood on. But there wasn't. My eyes traveled back up to her lips to see the blood supposedly dripping into my hands. But there wasn't even a drop there. No pool of blood around or in or on my hands where it should have been.

My eyes traveled back to the door and Olivia was still standing there. The same reddened expression on her face. She took shaky steps toward me before laying a hand on my shoulder. I felt the weight of her hand. I felt the warmth of her touch. I felt the exactness of the spot where her hand lay. I turned once more and a feathered hand lie on my cheek. A touch so light you can barely feel it. Like it wasn't even there like it was never there like I had been imagining it.

Was I? Was I imagining her? Did my mind just envision two Olivia's, because I miss her?

"Harry" the cracked voice from behind me so softly. "Please look at me" I took my eyes away from the broken Olivia in front of me and placed them in the perfectly fine yet grief-stricken Olivia.

"Why are you crying?" I reached my hand up and wiped away the tears from her eyes. Real or not, I would never want to watch her cry.

She let a sob escape before sobering up. "It isn't real, she's not real"

I closed my eyes and placed a hand on the bed where the once broken and beat up Olivia was placed. I let out a bitter laugh and my hand fell directly into the mattress. Directly onto the soft lush velvet material that covered the bed.

"It's not real" both her hands were not cupping my face and I knew it was real. Because I felt it. I felt the warmth, the weight, the exactness, the texture. I felt it all.

"What's wrong with me?" My eyes opened. Olivia's tears were free-flowing and streaming without care.

"They gave me your results, H" I waited a moment to hear her say it. Maybe coming from her lips it would sound less harsh, maybe coming from her lips there was a possibility of it being sweeter.

"Say it" I looked up into her eyes forcing myself to stay planted in the spot where I knelt and not bolt to the bathroom and hide.

"You have cancer"

Even from her luscious lips, as the words dripped from her tongue, they still felt like a knife to the chest. All the air left my lungs as I comprehended the words.

"You have stage four metastatic melanoma, it's the last stage Harry, it's the last most deadly stage"

She pulled me to her and cradled me in her arms.

For once in her arms, I didn't feel safe. Because she couldn't save, ha, I couldn't even save me. This was a decision that only the mind of God could decide. Either Harry Styles would live or Harry Styles would die; it is one hundred percent in Gods hands.

End of Chapter