B3: Chapter Twleve

*THREE HOURS EARLIER*
I bust through the doors frantic. I can't explain why I did it but I did. I left the kids in the car watching the avengers, something that could hold their attention for hours. I don't know what I was expecting to see when I walked into the restaurant. Camille Rowe? Nadia? Natalie? But I can tell you this. I wasn't expecting this.

Everyone but one person looked at me. That's when it hit me. The one that didn't react is reacting. I walked toward them. As I got closer the figure became more evident. The short hair, the tattoos, the clothes. As I walked closer the puzzle started to fall together. The pieces strung together like the answer to a mystery. I tapped them on the shoulder.

"I knew you would come. Happy birthday, luv," they turned.

"Louis?"

My heart fell out of my chest.

"Olivia? What are you doing here?" He asked trying not to seem like he was expecting someone.

Tears flooded my eyes.

"I answered Harry's phone."

"What do you mean you answered his..." it dawned on him. I could see the meaning strike within his eyes. "You answered his phone?" He said more of a statement than a question. "You know? Don't you?"

"What the fuck did you and Harry have?"

*PRESENT TIME*
"Shawn, can you please take the kids this weekend? Harry and I have some things we need to resolve," I voiced.

"Sure thing," he agreed. "Looks like now I have plenty of time to play Just Dance with you, Nat."

She grinned running up to me. Her tiny arms circled my waist. "I'm gonna kick your butt," she beamed.

"Oh really?"

"Really," she challenged radiating pride.

Even at their young age, I knew which one would give me a run for my money when they were older. It was Nat. Don't get me wrong, Wes was gonna be a looker. But he was like me. He liked to read and stick to himself. But Nat, I don't know where she got her confidence. I've always loved it though. I can't see her as a timid girl.

"Good luck," Shawn whispered looking deep into my eyes. "I have a feeling that you're going to need it."

I kissed Nat and Wes before telling them I loved them. I made sure to do that now every time I left them. Because the series of death-defying events made me realize, nothing is promised.

I stood in the elevator, waiting on the ding, for what seemed like hours. My hands began to shake inside my pockets. With each step I took my knees grew weaker and weaker. My pulse throbbed with nervousness. I opened my mouth to call his name but no sound.

I found him in our shower passed out in his own puke as the water rained down on him.

"Harry," I shouted with concern shrugging my jacket off and running into the shower. He was still breathing and barely conscious. "Can you stand?"

"Livy," he choked. His face contorted into heartbreak. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean for you to find out this way. I wanted to tell you," he slurred.

"Come on, Harry," I sniffled thanking god for the running shower water so he couldn't see the tears falling from my eyes. "We'll talk about this when you sober up."

We laid on the bed with his head in my lap and my hand stroking his hair. He was staring up at me. Bleakly I kept looking ahead.

"I didn't mean for that to happen, Olivia," he spoke in a voice of little volume.