B2: Chapter Nineteen

HARRY'S POV

HARRY'S POV

Desmond clutched his thigh as the billet pierced him there. "I'm gonna fucking kill you Cole," he dropped the match without realizing it was lit and that's when it started.

"Put it out!" She screamed as her pant leg caught fire. "Put it outtttt!" She dropped to the floor and rolled around, seemingly forgetting that the ground was covered in gasoline.

She screamed in horror as the flames bit at the large portions of gasoline on her engulfing her skin with it. She reached out for her father who just stepped away and watched her burn.

Nina was trying her best to smother the fire with her jacket but it was too much and too late. The jacket, instead, started to burn. The flames only becoming brighter and brighter; hotter and hotter.

The smell of burning flesh filled the room, I felt sick to my stomach.

"Desmond, help her!" Nina cried hoarsely. Kate was dead. Her body was limp and still burning. She was dead. "Fucking help her you bas-" before she could finish Desmond hit her to the floor.

Kate's burning body caused the wood she was by to catch fire and suddenly everything was burning.

I stood only to fall back to the ground, directly in front of Desmond.

"Come here you little bitch" as I moved away he grabbed a handful of my hair and dragged me to him.

The intensity of everything was a bit to much to handle.

Everything was on fire. Nina has disappeared along with Cole. Kate's body was still burning but just about near charcoaled now. Desmond lifted my head and held it over the fiery body he called daughter.

"This is all your fault!"

The flames licked at my cheeks as I screamed and fought with what little strength I had. I managed to free myself and stood away from him.

"There's no where for you to go boy!" He called out to me. He drew out another gun and readily aimed.

"Are you to afraid to fight me like a man?"

"Oh, I'm not afraid. I just don't fight fairly" he straightened his aim and fired.

I gasped but the sound seemed to multiply. I looked across from me and there was Nina. She was clutching her chest with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Dad?" She whispered as he neared her.

"No, no, no, no, no, no" he rattled off. He caught her as her legs gave and I choose this moment as the perfect opportunity to run. I searched for a gun, a knife, anything. "My baby, I'm sorry"

"This is all your fault" she whispered hoarsely.

"No!" He screamed. "Harry fucking Styles I will kill you"

I heard his heavy footsteps getting closer and closer. As he rounded the corner he ran right into the knife I found. I twisted it and pushed it further.

"Rot in hell you, mother-"

NINA'S POV

The pain in my chest paralyzed me. I laid there. I watched my father chase around a man who had done nothing to him. I see that now. Blinded by jealousy and rage, I only wanted to ruin her life. But then my father got involved and his vendetta against Harry and the big mans spiraled into something uncontrollable. It should have never gone this far. But it did. And now the last few seconds of my life will not be filled with the nice flashbacks of happy moments. It will not be filled with thoughts of love or nice memories of a time spent with my father and siblings. They will be filled with nothingness. My last few moments on this god given earth will be filled with hatred and sadness of a life spent wrong.

I saw Desmond stop. His body went stiff. But then there was a gun shot. Two men fell. I could not make out the face of the other one but he was pained. He laid flat on his back and stared at the ceiling. He turned his head towards me and I saw a smile on his face. It was his last few moments too. His smile was genuine and happy but full of pain. His lips quivered but never did his smile falter.

I felt coldness starting to spread over my body and I knew this was it. This was the moment that I would let all of the air out of my body.

I didn't panic. For some reason it was comforting letting death take over me. I was no longer a prison under my father. I was no longer a slave to the rage the fueled him. I was free. Death was my escape. Death was my liberation. And for once I was not afraid of it.

"I've never been religious" I whispered aloud as a cold shiver ran through me. "I've always doubted the existence of anything. But now... now there's like this-this feeling telling me that I need to say something. That I need to believe. So I do, I believe" I coughed and that pain was damn near unbearable. "I believe in a heaven and a hell. I believe in it all, all that I've heard. I want to go to heaven. No more suffering. The o-only way, for-for-forgiveness. So-so-so I-I-I-I ask for forgi-" and then gone.

End of Chapter