B2: Chapter Ten

[A/N] Ayyyyyeeeee wassup y'all. So I just wanted to thank y'all for 100K reads. It really means the most to me that every single one of you actually take the time out to read this book. So thank you!

The night just about as quickly as it rose early today

A in a couple of hours the twins will be seven. Natasha Isla Styles and James Wesley Styles will be seven years old come midnight.

They were already in bed and asleep so I knew that sneaking their presents into their room would come with ease.

I already made sure that the day would be a success. Thanks to my new job, I could spend as much money as I could on them. I did everything in my power to get nearly everything they asked for. I wanted their last birthday with me to go as smoothly and greatly as possible. I wanted them to have a great memory of me. I wanted their mind to be filled with great thoughts of their once strength-filled and beautiful mother.

"Are you okay?" Harry snapped me out of my thoughts as I stripped off my last piece of clothing.

"Yes I'm fine" I stepped into the shower closing the glass door behind me.

I let the water run over my face and through my hair. The scalding water washed away every single thought except one. This was it for me.

"Olivia" Harry stepped in behind me grabbed my shoulders and pulled me to where his hard chest was plastered against my rigid back. "What's wrong? I know you're not okay"

"It's nothing" I waved him off as he tried to cup my cheek.

"It's not nothing, come on" he pleaded trying to turn my body toward his but I refused. "Talk to me"

He finally managed to turn me and took in my dark eye circles and tired expression.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm just really tired" I lied as he pressed on saying that I looked more than just 'tired'. "I'm fine, Harry. Okay? Can we just drop it?" I didn't have the strength to argue or try to convince him that I wasn't lying.

"Fine" he gave up and pulled my head down to his chest. "You know that you can talk to me, about anything" his hand came up to caress my soaked hair. I longed to get lost in his touch but my thoughts kept drifting to the feel of his soft skin against the prickly scar. I knew he felt it, I knew the moment he stepped away and looked down at my embedded rib cage. "What is that from?" He grazed it and the tremors started.

I tucked my hands under my arms and ignored Harry's many calls and pleas but soon I was wrapped in a towel and walking down to the room I always knew I could escape to.

I closed the door fast and locked it even faster. I looked at my shaking hands with grief and shame.

I need to talk to him.

SHAWN'S POV

The sun has long fell since I buried my head into the paperwork.

I thought it'd be best to stay at the office since I wouldn't be going home to a sleeping Olivia. Harry has called earlier saying he was taking her home—home home. I knew where she was going, I knew she wouldn't come back. She won't come back for me. She will always choose Harry over me.

My phone rang snapping me out of my thoughts. Her beautiful face illuminated the screen and I could help but admire her for a second. Her hair was drew back into a tight updo, her smile was wide, and her eyes were bright. She will always be beautiful to me.

"Hello" I picked up ready to hear her wonderful voice.

"Shawn, I need you" she whimpered. "I can't make it stop"

"Make what stop? Olivia? OLIVIA? Baby tell me where you are?"

"I'm at Harry's" she cried.

"I'll be there in a couple of hours, okay? Don't hang up"

I scurried around stacking my papers and throwing them into my brief case quickly.

"Jared? Lock up for me please, I have an emergency. And tell Marsha to take care of everything till I get back"

I held the phone up to me ear tightly listening to her muffled sobs.

"Olivia, I'm on my way okay. I need you to breathe" I coaxed her. "In... and out" I talked with her trying to match my words with her now slowing breaths.

She eventually managed to regulate her breathing but I could tell that the tears and tremors hadn't stopped.

"You need to tell him"

"You know I can't" she sobbed loudly into the phone causing my ears to ring a bit.

"You are doing this to yourself Liv" I exhaled as opened my car door. "This secret, this sickness, its eating away at you. Tell him"

"I can't lose them again, I refuse to tell him" and it finally clicked what all of this was all about. She didn't wanna lose her family again. She didn't wanna put them through what they've already been through.

"Olivia... I'm sorry" I went rigid, "But he has to know"

End of Chapter