B2: Chapter Eleven

OLIVIA'S POV

OLIVIA'S POV

I didn't know what to do. The moment the line clicked and silence emitted into the air, I wanted the ground below my very feet to open up and swallow me whole. But it wouldn't.

I clenched at my hair ignoring the strain it caused to my head.

My heart thudded against my chest as a small ring sounded. My doctor's name appeared on my phone. I was reluctant to answer but soon clicked the button and waited to hear his dreary voice.

"Hello, is this Miss Shaw?"

"This is she"

"This is Doctor Maddox. We're calling about your test results, turns out that my incompetent nurse gave you the wrong results" he sighed and hope blossomed in my chest.

"B-b-but what about my hair? What about the surgery?"

"We've looked at your tests thoroughly, the only thing that seems to be wrong is that you have been under a massive amount of stress. I'm thinking that that could possibly be from the false results, so that could explain your hair. And the surgery, well, that was actually necessary but what we removed was not cancerous in a single way" he sighed. "You don't have cancer, Miss Shaw"

I couldn't help but smile at the words he said. I won't have to say goodbye to my kids, I won't have to give up Harry again. I won't have to leave behind all the things I've grown to love, all the people, all the habits I've become accustomed to.

I don't have cancer. All of this has simply been because I've been stressed out. But then the thought hit me, someone else has stage four metastatic melanoma. Someone else's life will be gone in a matter of weeks—days even. Someone else is going to die.

"May I ask whose diagnosis I was given?"

"I'm so sorry Miss Shaw but that would be breaking doctor-patient confidentiality"

"Oh" I nodded taking in the fact that my life was to be lost. "Well thank you so much doctor, muchas gracias" I brought the phone down from my ear and let the joy overtake me. All of this, simply, because one nurse gave out the wrong results.

The tremors still hadn't stopped. I suppose that the relaxing message hadn't been sent throughout my whole body yet.

Moments later a tired and drunken looking Harry stumbled in.

"Thirty seconds" he nodded somberly refusing to make eye contact with me. I nodded and stood to walk past him but before I exited he caught my arm firmly. "After this, you and I are gonna have a little chat" I watched his eyes darken. The dark irises sparked both fear and arousal.

We cracked their door open a bit before slipping in with ease.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you. Happy birthday my children. Happy birthday... to you" we finished basking in their wide sleepy smiles.