Chapter Forty-Nine

[HARRY'S POV]

My mum once told me that everyone on this earth has a reason to run. Whether it be running to something, running from something, running for something. So many people, so many reasons.

I'm running. I'm running to the woman I love. I'm running to her. I knew she would never leave her kids, not voluntarily. But if their life depended on it, she knew the choice to make.

"Hello sir, how may I help you?"

"I'm here for Olivia Styles, she's here in surgery"

"Yes sir she is, if you don't mind you can wait in the waiting room just to the right" she pointed. I nodded before walking in the room quickly. I saw charlie there and a small wave of relief washed over me, but not big enough to ease my heart.

"Hello, Mr. Styles"

"It's Harry" I corrected him as I went in for a hug. "The last time I saw you, you saved my life. I could never be more thankful" I whispered to him.

"And I'd do it again in a heart beat, Harry" he smiled to me before turning his attention to the children behind me. "And these must be mini Styles'"

"I'm not, I'm a Winston-Shaw. It's hyphengated"

"I think you mean hyphenated" Shawn corrected her.

"Yeah that" she chirped with a pretty smile.

"Okay" Charlie laughed.

"I have two dads" she nodded once more before running off.

"Beautiful child, peculiar mind" I smiled. I know what she has in common with Liv now, that carefree spirit that lingers long enough to flush that sadness out of you. But it wasn't enough.

The sun had slowly slipped away from us and all that was left was darkness. Cold, bitter darkness.

Charlie sat in a corner with his head leaned back as he hummed to himself. Shawn did the same only Jenna was leaning her head on his thigh as her body was stretched out over a bench. He brushed her hair softly as his head leaned back as well.

I was holding James and watching Nat as she walked in circles aimlessly. Her eyes started to look heavier and heavier despite her attempt to stay awake.

"Natasha" I spoke loud enough to gain her attention. "Come here" as she walked over to me she yawned sleepily and reached out for me.

I scooped her up with one arm and placed her on my other knee. She nestled her head into the crook of my neck. She was so beautiful, so peaceful. Her eyes started to flutter shut slowly and I pressed a soft kiss to both her and James' head.

"You're a great father" Charlie suddenly spoke breaking me from the trance I was in. "You clearly make the kids happy"

"Thanks" I smiled while nudging James' hair out of my face. He had hair like me. A wild and untamed brown. It was long, longer than mine at that age. It was quite fascinating.

"Daddy?" Nat whispered.

"Yes"

"Can you sing us a song? Mommy sings to us when we can't sleep" she looked up at me with those wide brown eyes.

"Of course" I smiled. I thought of a song to sing until one came to mind. I had written it three years ago but it became my favorite song. A melody I'd sing while doing anything. "Remember the day we were giving up, when you told me I didn't give you enough, and all of your friends were saying I'd be leaving you. She's lying in bed with my t-shirt on, just thinking how I went about about it wrong, this isn't the stain of a red wine, I'm bleeding love. Please believe me, don't you see the thing you mean to me? Oh, I love you, I love you, I love, I love, I love Olivia" I paused thinking of her as I sung softly. "I live for you, I long for you, Olivia. I've been idolizing that light in your eyes Olivia. I live for you, I long for you Olivia. Don't let me go, don't let me go"

Her eyes finally shut and her breathing slowed. Her tiny hands loosened and slowly fell to her side.

"As I said" Charlie spoke again. "A great father"

Soon sleep took me over as well. I could feel the hours pass by, and my hope drain from my body.

"Mr. Styles?"

My eyes lit up with the tall man called my name.

"Yes" I stood having a firm grip on both James and Nat. "Guys" I woke Charlie and Shawn up. When their eyes adjusted they popped up quickly and stood behind and beside me.

"So when her the accident happened a man named Lucas Mendes was killed on impact. He was found ejected from his seat and somehow ended in back of his car with multiple puncture wounds in his chest, one in particularly through his heart" I looked over at Shawn who was nodding while biting his lip intensely. "Olivia on the other was found on the ground outside of her car, we're assuming that she jumped out of the car before it crashed but we won't know for sure until the police check the jam cams" I exhaled deeply and tightened my grip on James and Nat. "She was unresponsive at the scene but in the ambulance she was whispering incoherently, she has several fractures: ribs, pelvis, elbow. The one fracture that was our main concern was the one at top of her spine. She was very lucky that the fracture didn't sever or damage any nerves. But she also has abrasions all over her body as well as a deep cut from the top of her left rib to the bottom of her leg"

"But she-she-she's okay, right? She-she's gonna be alright?"

"I cannot foresee the future but with the injuries she has she should be fine"

"May we see her?" Shawn asked before I could get the words out.

"You may but she's in a very deep sleep. One that may include her being unresponsive" the doctor talked like he was unsure of his words. Unsure of how to go about saying the situation.

"What does that mean, doc? We don't have the patience for riddles"

"Mr Styles, what I'm trying to say is" he took a deep breath. "Your wife? She's in a coma"

End of Chapter