Chapter Forty-Eight

[NINA'S POV]

I wanted so bad to suffocate that bitch while I had the chance. She took Lucas from me... she should have died. She should die.

I watched as they lifted her into the ambulance and drove away.

"I wanna kill her" I heaved. My fist was clenched and I could feel my nails cut into my skin leaving small indention's when I unraveled them.

"You know you can't" Kate protested from behind me. I turned to her studying her body that was covered in all black. "He was my brother too"

"You have no right" I screamed. "To claim us as siblings after what you did to Kai" I straightened my jacket on my arms before brushing past her. "I'm leaving" I whispered to dad. I opened my car door and started the car up before driving off leaving them both in a trail of the cars dust.

I dialed Robert's number in hopes of hearing his voice. The one thing I felt could soothe me. With Robert I felt as if everything for once wasn't just about sex. Things had gotten so much better between us when I heard he had dumped Olivia's mother. I wanted nothing more than to take Olivia out of this world at this moment, but absolutely no one deserves a mother as wretched as Martha.

"Hello" a woman's voice rang through the phone.

"Is this Robert's phone?"

"Yes it is"

"May I speak to him please?" I tried to keep my voice calm as both anger and jealousy started to rise within me.

"Yes you may, Robert baby? There's some girl on the phone... No I don't know who she is there's not a name on the ID, may I ask who this is?"

My heart broke, I felt the last sliver of it tear.

"It's... um, never mind" I croaked trying not to cry. "I think I have the wrong number" I brought the phone down from my ear and hung up. I threw it down into the floor board as tears suddenly rushed to my eyes.

I pulled over to the side of the road and cried. I mourned for my brother, I mourned for my heart, I mourned for the family I used to have.

As time went on the clouds over head darkened. I leaned back in my seat and watched the sky start to look heavier and heavier. I reached up and opened the sunroof as the sky began to cry with rain. The soft drops landed on my cheek and rolled off with ease. I closed my eyes and let the water wash away everything in me.

Harry was supposed to be the one to lose something today, Harry was supposed to be the one to lose his entire world. So why did I...

[HARRY'S POV]

I sat on the couch watching Nat, Jenna, and James. Nat and James both looked like her so much that it hurt to watch but I couldn't pull my eyes away. Every time one of them would ask where she was I would choke on my words and Shawn would reach over and squeeze my shoulder offering me the smallest type of comfort.

She promised she would come back-- this morning she spoke to me and made a promise that she didn't keep.

"Mr. Styles" Jenna called from the floor with her back to me.

"Please" I smiled to her as best I could. "Call me Harry or Uncle H or something"

"Okay, Uncle H" she came up to me holding a single flower. It was yellow and lively with a beautiful green stem. So simple, but the simplicity is what seemed to make it beautiful. I could tell it wasn't real from how shiny it looked. But how easy it was to mistake something fake for reality. "He took us to get flowers, I got this one for Auntie O. But she's not here" she looked sad as she twirled the flower in between her fingers. "So you can have it, I think you miss her more than I do" she gave a sad smile when I took the flower from her.

"Thank you" I whispered as I stared down at the flower. She smiled once more before wrapping her delicate arms around me.

Her body felt so fragile between my arms. So small and frail. Nat and James walked over and wrapped their arms around me too.

"We love you" James said happily. Nat and Jenna kissed my cheek before they all ran off to continue playing.

"It's so funny how these kids are just now coming into your life yet they love you so much" Shawn spoke flopping down beside me.

"They're kids" I scoffed pulling at my hair. "They love everything"

"That may be true, but according to Jenna this is her first time meeting you" he paused and studied the kids as they played as if in their own little world. "I don't have kids, nor have I ever had to interact with them this much until this moment, but what I do know is that kids only pay attention to things that catch their eyes"

What he said made sense. But right now, in this very moment, nothing made fucking sense.

I don't know where she is, I don't know if she's safe. Hell, I don't even know if she's breathing. And those thoughts make my heart uneasy. Those thoughts make me wanna hurl and drink away everything.

Time seemed to slow again without her here. A minute started to feel like an hour and an hour started to feel like eternity. The tv blared nonsense as the kids lie on the floor staring up at it. Shawn took off a couple minutes ago to get the kids some food. He promised them he'd come back. But then again didn't Olivia promise me the same thing...

[UNKNOWN POV]

"Hey, I'm here to pick up a prescription. They told me to come here rather than the pharmacy... Something about the supplier not delivering on time"

"Oh yes" the woman at the front desk nodded before typing something into the computer.

I gave her all of my details: my name, the meds I'm here for, my age. Everything necessary.

I was in the middle of talk when I watched a woman that I hadn't seen in years get rushed into the surgical wing.

"What happened here?" one of the men asked another while watching the door that they went through.

"Bad car crash, apparently she crashed hers into his"

"Is he alive?"

"Died at the scene" the man winced while walking away.

"Sir, that'll be thirteen fifty" the woman spoke louder trying to get my attention.

"Just a minute" I paused her. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and clicked the number two. The phone rang for a bit before a voice spoke.

"Hello"

"Mr. Styles... it's Charlie, Olivia's in the hospital"

End of Chapter