003

FUCKBOY got 1K in one day. And this morning we hit 2K followers.

So follow vibrant_hues because she is the absolute best.

You guys are truly amazing, thank you so much.

QUESTION; Are you liking the book so far? Is it okay? I always worry....

After about twenty minutes of driving in silence, I have finally reached my limit of awkwardness for this morning. I twist my body slightly and hold out my hand to him.

"I'm Y/N by the way."

The boy turns to my hand a bit looking it over before turning his attention back to the road.

"I'm driving."

I bite down on my tongue my eyebrows scrunching together as I try to understand him.

"Yes, but in the twenty-two minutes we have been in this car you rummaged through your bag for your phone, taken three phone calls, Spent a whole five minutes texting, fixed your hair twice, and threw a cup out of the window. Now somehow its impossible to shake my hand?"

He looks over at me with an amused grin, before reaching over to shake my hand with a firm grip.

"I'm Jungkook."

I send him a thankful nod before pulling my hand back, falling back into my seat. I reach out and adjust my skirt ever so slightly so it lays over my legs in the correct way before looking back up out at the road.

Out of the many years, I had lived here I don't recall ever hearing of a boy names Jungkook. He must be new. Although I have been gone for a while, I'm sure he feels more at home here than I do.

There is something about him. An aura of cockiness that surrounding him that's very offputting. I think when you first meet people they give off a vibe to you, and his first impression wasn't the best.

I do sometimes wonder how I come off to people.

How was my first impression?

I cross my arms over my chest looking out my window watching the world around me pass by my sight. So many places I would rather be than school, moving right past me. I watch all the vaguely familiar buildings and areas trying to remember I time I was there, or at least near them.

But its so hard to really stuff like that.

I've spent so much time not wanting to remember this stuff that my mind has let it go. Every now and then I would get a flashback to a time before. Remaining me of where I came from. But most memories like that are far from my grasp.

They escaped my mind because I let them.

"Are you always so quiet?"

I place my hands on top of my lap. One laying on the other watching my unmoving fingers intently so I don't have to make eye contact.

"Depends on the day," I reply almost silently.

He lets out an amused huff before beginning to lightly tap his index finger on the steering wheel. Following the rhythm in his own mind. I try to follow the constant pattern and sound with my mind but after a bit, I realize its anything but constant. Sure the sound continues on, but the pattern changes continuously.

I would hate to hear the song he is following. But I sense this is something he is creating with his own mind to somehow break the silence.

"How long have you lived here?" I ask him, hoping this attempt will stop the irritating finger tapping. And it does, for the time being.

"Three years." He replies simply.

I'm a bit shocked, but I don't know why. I guess its just weird to think I have been gone for so long. This boy I knew nothing of has been here for three years. I really have been away from Highland for a while.

The light from outside of the car attacks my eyes as we make a turn. I hold up my hand again using it to protect myself from the bright and painful rays of the sun.

The sun... My relationship with it is weird. Its also weird that i have any kind of relationship with it. Some days i thank God for its existence, letting me escape from the grasp the night has on me. Its tiring always being awake.

But some days i would rather suffer through the pain of the night just so i don't have to be met by the cruelty of the morning.

"You look really excited to be here." Jungkook states. Sarcasm lacing his every word.

"What gave it away?"

He chuckles a bit under his breath.

"Well at least you have a sense of humor."

Some would say it was just an attitude problem.

A light ringing flows through the car as Jungkook's attention is pulled from the road once again, looking down to the glovebox by me.

"Could you get that for me?" He asks pointing to the area in front of my knees. I send him a nod before reaching out to open it up. A phone laying inside.

I take it in my hands and pass it off to him.

Jungkook take it from my hands and checks to see who it is calling him on this random second phone. But after a bit, i watch as he declines the call handing it back to me so i can place it away.

I lay the phone back in the glovebox right where i found it. My finger glancing off of something else. And that bitch curiosity takes hold of me. I take the corner between my fingers and pull it out slowly, holding up shiny gold, foil-wrapped condoms. All connected in a long row adding up to about 16.

I look to him with an eyebrow raised.

He doesn't seem ashamed or embarrassed in the slightest.

What i see is pride fill his eyes.

"Isn't this slight wishful thinking on your part?"

He looks from the condoms to me and then shakes his head.

"If I'm being completely honest I don't think I have enough. This week seems pretty packed."

I toss the condoms back into the glove box and close it up securely.

"You officially disgust me."

He just laughs as if my words don't faze him one bit, but I didn't expect them to.

"At least I'm honest."

I look over at him and nod slightly.

Yeah.. at least he has that going for him.