068

Y/N's POV

Jungkook drove us to school instead, Taehyung staying back home like his mother insisted. Jungkook sings along loudly to songs playing through the cars speakers while i sit in my natural position.

My back pressed up against the door with my feet sprawled out over his lap. I have my notebook out, laying open on my thighs as i scribble down spirals and shapes. Not having any real reason to be drawing except to keep my mind off things.

Im worried about taehyung. I didn't mean to upset him, and i hope when the day is over and we get back he is feeling better. Seeing him upset is horrible, and seeing him upset with me is even worse.

I have this overwhelming feeling of guilt in the pit of my stomach that i can't get over.
I give Jungkook a little kick, looking up from my book to meet his eyes. He has a happy smile on his face as he reaches out to turn the car stereo down. Waiting for me to inform him of why i just ruined his little party.

I lean my head back until i feel the glass of the window stop it. My head almost tilted back enough to see the ceiling of the car perfectly.
"You did not just interrupt me and Charlie Puth for nothing but silence and blank stares." He jokes.

And i let out a small laugh, finding his presence suddenly enjoyable.

"I just, i feel like something is going on and i'm missing it." I state.

Jungkook bites the inside of his cheek nervously before turning back to face the front of the car.

What's up with him? "Is there something?" I ask.
Jungkook doesn't reply, he just shrugs his shoulders, lips still pressed together softly.

He's keeping a secret from me.

"Jungkook you have to tell me, it has to do with taehyung right? What is it?" I ask, sitting up in my seat. I pull my legs back from him and sit criss cross applesauce on the seat, waiting very impatiently for his answer.

I knew something was up, but i couldn't put my finger on it. The way they all talk around me. Choosing words as to not let something slip.
It has been irritating me for a while now, but today it really got to me.

They walk on eggshells around me at times. And i've never been able to connect the instances they acted in such a way to one thing. So everything beyond that speculation has been complete confusion.

I begin to swat Jungkook's arm when he stays silent. Impatience taking over my entire being. All i want is to know what's going on. Seconds later Jungkook frees one of his hands from the steering wheel and begins awaiting back, no longer taking my abuse.

I never thought i would be in the middle of a childish slapfight on the road, inside a car with the one and only Jeon Jungkook.
Actually... that does sound like us.

"Jungkook." I while, throwing my body around the car dramatically.

Jungkook shouts right as i'm slipping down from my chair and onto the little area in front of it. "For the love of God Y/N your going to make me wreck. Please sit up and act like an adult!"

I poke my head up to glare at him. "Are you? Jungkook, telling me to act like an adult?" I ask sarcastically.

Jungkook rolls his eyes. 'Yes, as ironic as it may seem i am. Now sit up and buckle up." he orders.

Trying his best to seem stern, but i an see through it. He's nervous. Not because o the car or the possibility of crashing, although i'm sure that has made him feel a bit on edge,. It's more, nerves and uneasiness as he tried to tell me what to do.

As if he doesn't know how to present the orders.
He needs more confidence.

I don't believe his presentation, but i concede anyway. Giving him this one.

I pull myself back up on the seat and sit there with my arms crossed over my chest.
Jungkook looks over at me and points my way. "Buckle up." He says again.

I groan. "Oh come on, i never had to do it before." I complain.

"I don't care. Your doing it now." he insists.
But i stay seated, arms still crossed tightly over my chest.

He glances towards me once again/ "Why are you being this stubborn? Your only not doing it because i asked you to."

I laugh. "No, i'm not doing it because i don't want to. Don't start thinking you have that much of a impact on my decision making."

A train stop flashes lights signaling an incoming train over the tracks that split the small town road. Jungkook presses the brakes and stops the care before the bars that come down in front of him. But instead of waiting for the train to pass patiently like a normal human being he leans over me and reaches for my seatbelt.

I'm about to escape when he takes ahold of my wrist.
I look up at him in shock. "This is manhandling!" I shout " I'm being manhandled!" I yell once more, in the direction of my window and the people in the car beside us. But they pay absolutely no attention to my fake struggle.

Jungkook laughs, pulling the grey belt around my body carefully, strapping me in. "No, this is protecting."

Without warning my heart begins to race, beating three times faster than before. I suddenly become very aware of the feeling of his hand around my wrist. The warmth of it. I notice every breath i take, my chest pumping in and out steadily, and i notice his too.

He just looks down at me without moving. Seeming just as focused as i am in the moment.

I feel vulnerable under him, strapped in with nowhere to run. But even with that feeling of vulnerability that i hate so much, i feel safe. Jungkook's hands moving down my wrist ever so slightly to grasp my hand lovingly.

He is so gentle and careful that i barely notice the movement until his fingers interlace with mine.

"I have to protect you. If anything happened to you i wouldn't know what to do with myself." he continues. His voice soft and calming. But it doesn't make the pace of my heart slow one bit.

His lips press to mine and i lean forward to meet them. My free hand gliding up his chest and to the back of his neck, pulling him in.

The warmth of his lips against mine sending a tingling feeling through my entire body. I kiss him back, feeling his hand glide against the bare skin of my waist. My shirt riding up a bit under his touch.

Just as i imagine there could be nothing in this world that could ruin this moment, the loud sound of a car horn coming from behind us startles me. Making me jump a bit. Somehow managing to bite down on my own lip.

I let out a curse while Jungkook falls back down onto his seat. Starting the car backup without waiting a second. Neither of us noticing that the train had passes.

I press my finger to my bleeding lip and sigh, looking down at the blood on my fingertips.

What just happened?

A/N
Gotta go to class lol but please comment and tell me what you think about the story so far. I do read all the comments guys and they truly mean so much to me. I'm glad I finally got another update out to you guys.
Love you, byee ~ Livvy