074

"Its good to hear your voice again kiddo."

The sound of his brings tears to my eyes like it always does. Tingles flow through my body and prickle at my senses.

I want to apologize but i can't manage to make the words come out. When the lack of my voice becomes apparent he just continues on. "I-I know things are hard right now Y/N but you can't be ignoring my calls. I talked to your mom, she said you weren't home."

I listen carefully, sniffing before pulling my arms a bit closer to my body trying my best to keep warm. His voice is steady and calming, but his words fill me with guilt and unsettle my heart.

"Where are you Y/N? You should be with your mother." He continues, voice turning stern. More father like i suppose.

"I'm sorry for not answering your calls. I just didn't know what to say." I finally admit. Voice so quiet i begin to wonder if he was able to hear the almost silence sound through the line.

When my statement met with a heavy sigh i know he heard. "I know kiddo... I guess we're both having a hard time of it huh?"

I smile slightly, fingers gripping onto the phone in my hands. "Yeah... i guess so."

We have many moments of silence between the two of us during out conversation. Both of us doing ur best to keep the conversation going, but we cant help that it is so tense and awkward. I hate when things get like this with him. He is one of the only people left who mean something to me and i don't want things to be stressful between us.

I want us to be able to talk like we used to. I didn't want this situation to pull us apart even though i knew there was a good chance that it would. How would my father going to prison not put a dent in our connection?

"I know your mother isn't the easiest to get along with Y/N but you cant just run away. I taught you better than that." He scolds, his voice still sounding soft and calm when it meets my ears.

He doesn't want to sound mad at me, i am sure he is scared of pushing me away anymore. But i don't care what he says, he is my dad and im not going anywhere.

I know he wants me and mom to get along but we just can't. I'm at the point where i no longer need a relationship with her. If she wasn't my mother and was a friend it wouldn't have taken me so long to reach this point but i don't know how we can fix what's been done.

Our connection has been severed with no chance of repair.

"I'm not going back there dad. I have a place to stay for a while and if anyone wants to make me leave they are going to have to come here and try to make me because this is something i don't mind fighting over. She doesn't care about me but i found people who do. Please don't be mad at me."

His sigh fills the line, the silence coming soon after. "I'm supposed to look out for your best interest kiddo. I don't know the people you are staying with so i can't in good conscience give you my blessing to stay there."

I wish i could say that i wasn't asking for his blessing, but that wouldnt be true. What he thinks and wants for me means a lot. I respect his choices but if he says i cant stay with Taehyung and Jungkook then that will be one choice and order i cannot follow.