048

Sorry there was no update the past couple days. it seems even with school ending i still have lots to do recently.

ALSO! please go check out Ride Or Die which is finally published. And tell me what you think. Im actually very proud of the first chapter. And its super long XD

{Jungkooks POV}

"I give you one task. Take her to school... Tell me again where you are?"Taehyung asks with a sarcastic tone. I know he heard me the first time, but for some reason, he feels the need to be extra and dramatic about the situation.

"Right now? We are in the parking lot at taco bell." I say speaking into the phone with my retort. The fact that this is annoying him so much is bringing me a lot of pleasure. I smile to myself while listening to him continue to rant.

"And why is that?" He asks.

I roll my eyes. "Probably because i wanted tacos."

"Dont be a smart ass Jungkook." Taehyung scolds. "Your acting as if your education isn't important. The both of you need to take things more seriously. You are both too impulsive."

"And you worry too much. One day of school isn't going to kill me. Not everything is the end of the world Taehyung. Take a breath and worry about yourself." I reply.

Im beginning to think he is never going to stop treating me like a child.

No matter what i do he always finds a problem with it. I won't lie and say every decision i make is a good one. I think past experiences can testify to that. Sometimes the things i do are careless and i know that.

But not everything needs to be taken so seriously.

He is going to pop a vein if he doesn't calm down.

"Your acting like this is the only day you have skipped. You're not helping yourself Jungkook. You can't just skip school because you don't feel like going. We all have our bad days Jungkook...but you cant just skip every time one of you are having one."

I lean back in my seat as i listen to his voice calm. "How did i become best friends with someone so damn uptight?" I ask jokingly. And i hear him laugh a bit over the phone.

"You know.. i ask myself a very similar question."

I look up to see Y/N making her way back to the car. Im about to say goodbye to Taehyung when he starts speaking again.

"Look, im going to drive you both to school tomorrow. Okay?" He phrases it like a question but i know he isn't asking. He is telling me.

I use my free hand to reach up and run my fingers through my hair. "I thought you were busy tomorrow?" I ask him. referring to a past conversation we had about his recent schedule. From what i remember he told me he would be pretty busy.

"Ill figure it out okay? I have to go. be good Jungkook." He orders.

Once again i roll my eyes and laugh, Y/N pulling the car door open, slipping inside without a word.

"Taehyung we will be fine a couple days without you. Just worry about what you have going on. Ive got this." I say trying to assure him.

"You've got this? Says the guy sitting outside taco bell when he should be at school." He fires back.

"Taehyung! Ive got everything handled." I reply.

For a moment he doesn't say anything. And then i hear his voice appear once again through the phone. "You saying that scares me. It only makes me worry more."

I laugh, shaking my head.

I decide to change the subject. Knowing that his conversation is getting us nowhere and will probably only continue to do so if we keep it going. We can argue about nothing forever.

He is just going to have to accept that i am going to do this and he isn't. I can take care of myself... probably.

"So how is everything there? Is it all going well?" I ask.

For a moment there is a long pause that only brings me worry. A couple voices speaking in the but its muffled and i can't manage to pick out many words. And the words i do hear don't make a bit of sense when i attempt to place them into sentences.

Its just gibberish.

"Taehyung?" I ask after not hearing him for a little while. I hear him clear his throat on the other end of the line before finally replying.

"Yeah, buddy.. everything is fine. I have to go. Bye."

And with that, he hangs up.

I pull my phone from my ear looking down on it confused. Why was he in such a rush to stop speaking with me?

I sigh, tossing my phone down.

"Everything okay?" I hear Y/N finally speak up, looking over to me with concern.

I force a smile. "Yeah.. everything is fine."

{Y/N's POV}

Why do people lie like that?

Why do i lie like that?

Its weird... i hate it when people tell me everything is fine when it obviously isn't. But i go and do the same exact thing when i don't want to talk about my feelings. We all do.

"You sure?" i ask, pushing him just a bit more in the hopes that he will open up to me. I know it probably won't work but its worth a try.

"Yeah.. im sure." He replies with that same forced smile over his face. It seems like he has that pretty well mastered.

It always saddens me to see people so good at pretending they are okay. He's had a lot of practice.

And he shouldn't have...

That's one skill that is soul crushing to learn and master.

Something is wrong but i have no right to push him more and ask what it is.

I do wonder if he will keep our little promise. Or if he will struggle to open up to me in the end when it means the most. I would understand if he broke it. We aren't super close and only met somewhat recently.

He doesn't know me that well.. but still.

I will understand if he breaks our promise.... sadly i will still have to cut off his pinky.

Okay guys, i know that chapter wasn't that great haha but i wanted to get an update out before i go to work. And i will update something else when I get back.

Byee guys. I love you ~ Livvy