069

The first chapter of The Lonely Hour is out and it would mean the world to me if you guys would read it. The prologue is there too (you will be a bit confused if you don't read both)
Thank you guys for all the love and support the book as got so far. I'm glad you are all enjoying it.

My lips still tingle after the fact, the feeling prolonging even as we pull into the school parking lot.

Neither of us saying a word to each other the rest of the ride here.

My fingers glance against my lips, soft to my own touch. I'm still in a sort of daze to which my mind cannot understand.

It's not as if i've never kissed Jungkook before. I have, but this felt new. It felt different. Has something about me changed to make this exchange different? Or is it something in him?

The feeling of vulnerableness is still within me.
Jungkook having a way about him that makes me feel nervously defenceless but safe at the same time. As if in that moment i have no faith in me being able to protect myself, but i have overwhelming trust in believing that he wouldn't let anything happen to me.

I unbuckle my seatbelt right when the car stops. Not wanting to talk further about what had just happened, a feeling of awkward and uneasiness filling me.

I spring from the car and to the sidewalk ready to get inside and start working. But that plan is quickly stopped when Jungkook pulls me back towards him.

He had not called out my name or asked me to stop, he just took me by my wrist and stopped me himself.

My breath gets heavy when i'm forced to look at him.

All he does is smile as if the whole situation has affected him in the slightest, which in all honesty hurts me abit.

But maybe i'm overreacting.

Maybe it's not that serious.

Maybe it didn't mean anything.... But if feels like it did.

At least to me.

Jungkooks POV

I don't know why i stopped her, am i stupid?
She obviously didn't want me to, she wanted to get inside.

She didn't even speak a word to me the entire trip here. Although i don't know what it is i would expect her to say.

I'm confused and conflicted, i have no idea why i kissed her in the first place. I made and agreement with taehyung but in the moment it didn't seem to matter at all to me.

This kiss like all the others was spontaneous, i didn't plan on kissing her, but there i was looking into her eyes and i couldn't stop myself. But unlike all the others, it felt different. I don't know how to explain it.

Maybe it's just me. All in my head.

I look down to her hand, which i have latched onto in an attempt to get her to stop running from me. She looks up to me nervously awaiting what it is i'm going to say. But i don't know what to say. Why did i stop her?

"Jungkook?" she asks, the bell within the school blaring through the walls. The sound escaping out to even hear. Meeting our ears before the quiet muffled sounds of morning
announcements begin with the building.