006

In this moment I wish I would have gone with Jungkook and his friends to wherever the hell they were running off to. At this moment I wish I was invisible. Moments like these are the ones that make me want to disappear within myself.

With the time I had wasted in the hall, it seems that first period had come to a close.

I'm not good at much, but one thing I am good at is wasting time.

I'm just horrible at enduring it.

Well, second period began and I made my way to the room I was supposed to be in. Standing up front with nothing else to do until the teacher finally decided to give me a place to seat. People watched and looked me up and down. I feel completely exposed under all those eyes.

I was hoping to slowly fade into nothing. Anything as long as it meant they wouldn't be able to see me anymore.

Time passed and everyone was seated, only leaving me standing, and then finally the teacher decided to give me a seat. I nodded to him politely ready to take my leave, wanting nothing more than to sink into my chair, behind my desk and never be seen again.

But I was stopped by one dreaded sentence.

"Why don't you tell the class something about yourself Miss Y/L/N"

And here stands the moment that holds my contempt. I knew it was bound to meet me at some point today.

"Nothing to tell." I reply simply.

He looks a bit surprised but sends me a nod telling me I can go sit. I let out a breath of relief thanking God that he didn't push the subject. What would I tell besides my name?

Class begins and ejects me into a state of mind-numbing boredom. I try to forget about all the people sending me glances every now and then. But its hard to forget people staring at you.

I begin to twist the shiny gold ring around my finger. Three times to the left and four to the left, over and over again as I distract my mind from the world around it.

One, Two, Three

One, Two, Three, Four

Over and Over again until finally, the bell inside the corner of the classroom held up above the door begins to blare its song throughout the room.

The sound pounds in my head as I begin to gather my stuff like everyone else in the room. But I wonder why they are all so quick to escape one room when they are just running to be trapped in the next.

I take it slow not wanting to be caught in the crowd. Rating for most of the kids inside this room to fan out before I finally stand from my chair to leave.

Papers crumpling, heavy footsteps, and the chattering of the youth of today is all I hear when I enter the hall. I begin to smell whatever it is they are making for lunch down the hall.

My fingers continue to pull and twist at the ring around my finger as I settle my slowly rising heartbeat by taking in deep breaths. I lower my head and take my first step into the crowd making my way through to my next class.

I never realized how hard this would actually be. Of course, I had the normal anxiety about going back to school here, but its nothing compared to the feeling you get when it's actually happening.

Sometimes I get so upset with myself. Everything is a battle. Even something as small as introducing myself puts me on edge. Why must everything be such a big deal with me? Why can't I just calm down and let things be simple?

I wish things were simple.

{Jungkook's POV}

"Hey, we should get going. If we leave now we will be back in time for 4th period."

I look up at my friend with an annoyed glare, quickly turning back to my phone not long after. After a bit, he gives the back of my head a wack. I bite down on my tongue looking up at him again.

"I left for a reason."

"Yeah well, I'm the only thing keeping your ass from being expelled.You need to graduate"

"I don't need school. With their pointless fucking sticky notes, and manufactured feelings. I don't need those people pretending they know who I am. I don't need them thinking they can fix me. I don't need to be fixed."

"I don't need to hear your speeches today. I need you to get your ass up and stop acting like a child."

I pull myself up off of the ground and stand up to face him. We stand at about the same height and basically the same build. And he doesn't back down to my advances. Only standing taller to show he isn't afraid of me. But I never expected him to be.

"I no longer take orders from you."

I push past him walking to my car, he grunts behind me obviously beginning to get annoyed with my attitude. But he has known me for three years. He should have expected this.

"Look, I get your upset but that doesn't mean you get to act this way. You're going back to school."

He grabs onto my arm and pulls me back, voice low and stern as he barks his order my way. Probably the only person in the world I would allow to talk to me this way. I have always listened to him, he is older and has earned my respect.

I trusted him.

"I'm not upset, I don't get upset," I reply calmly. And he snorts.

"That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard."

The sun beats down on the two of us as we stand outside a small gas station. Parked over at the far side because he needed to take a piss. It has been nothing but hot today if the sun was a person me and him would be having some serious problems.

"You have to take care of yourself when I'm gone Jungkook. That means finishing school and getting the hell out of here."

I look up at him like i always have. He has taught me everything i know about life. The only person in my life ive really had a love for. He's my best friend... and now he's leaving.

"You go and make me proud Jungkook."