10- High Slits and Blushes

Few Months Later

Happy opened the door for Tony, Pepper, and I. Tony got out first and cameras flashes. He helps out Pepper before I step out, my bare leg the first thing the cameras see. I take Tony's hand and he helps my out. It's safe to say with out the press and paparazzi reacts, that my return into the real world has gotten the reaction I wanted. It probably helps that I'm wearing a red dress with two high slits and a very deep V in the front. My hair was carefully curled and my make up was immaculate. Tony and Pepper walked in front of me, stopping every so often. I pose for the cameras, popping my hip out, showing my legs off even more. The people behind the flashing cameras called my name.

"Peyton! Peyton!" Some woman calls, holding a microphone. I walk towards her, knowing that she is one of the main interviewers on the red carpet. I stop in front of her, dazzling her and the camera with a thousand watt smile.

"It's really great to see you, Peyton." The woman says and I nod.

"It's really great to be here." I tell her and she gives me a sympathy smile.

"Well I know everyone here is wishing you the best. I wanted to give you my condolences." She tells me, her voice gentle and I nod, a much sadder smile on my face now. Pepper and I had already discussed that stuff like this was going to come up and I told her that I would just do interview no matter what.

"Thank you. It's going to be hard, but I can't hide myself away forever. Luckily, Tony and Pepper have been there with me every step of the way...I have no idea where I would be without them." I respond honestly and she touches my covered arm.

"You are truly an inspiration. Thanks for talking to us, Peyton Stark." She says and I say my goodbyes before making my way down the red carpet. I sway my hips a little more, posing every so often. Soon enough, I'm already used to the very familiar motions.

-

After an hour of talking to dozens of people, I make my way to the open bar. I'm humming softly to the song the live band is playing when I spot a familiar blond head that's sitting on a nice pair of broad shoulders that's sitting at the bar. I smirk and stand right next to him, calling the bartender over.

"I didn't know galas were your thing, Captain." I say as the bartender walks up to me, "Hi can I get a glass of pineapple juice? Thank you."

"Well I got an invitation so might as well come. I had nothing else to do. It's good to see you." Steve gives me a smile before drinking his beer. The bartender places my drink down and sit next to Rogers.

"It's good to see you too. I love the sunflowers you sent me and the teddy bear was pretty adorable too." I smile at him and he grins, chuckling softly. I take that moment to let my eyes wander his body. He's wearing a very nice tailored black suit.

"I wanted to send you something as soon as I heard and I didn't know which one was better." He explains and I nod, sipping my juice. Steve turns his body towards me, leaning back a little. I know he wants to say more but he restrains himself. I'm grateful that he does. If someone makes me talk about it again this night, this dress is going up in flames.

"I wish you would have told me that you were coming. You could've came with Tony, Pep, and I." I tell him, changing the topic. Steve swallows his drink, his eyes looking down to the deep V of my dress and the high slits of my dress exposing both of my legs. He sets down his beer, looking at the glass.

"Or you could've came with me." Steve says and as soon as he says it, his eyes widen. It was almost like he didn't mean to say it. I'd be lying if I ever thought of the Captain in a not friend way. He's Captain America. You're lying if don't think he's fine. I smirk and look at him. He looks back at me. "I didn't mean to say that."

"I think you did. It's alright. I didn't mind it one bit." I respond and he blushes, "Captain Rogers, would you like to dance?" His eyes widen and he downs his beer.

"I got to warn you, I'm not good at dancing." He says as he puts his glass down. Steve stands up and offers me his hand. I smile.

"That's fine. Neither am I." I tell him and take his hand. I let Steve lead me to the dance floor. Couples around us are moving to music and Steve looks nervous to wear he should put his hands.

"Put your hand on the middle of my back," I say as I take his other hand, holding it. His large hand moves to my back as I hold his hand. I put my hand on his shoulder and I smile at him as we start to move.

"I have to say I wasn't expecting this when I decided to come." Steve tells me, his cheeks still tinged with pink. He has a huge smile on his face as he looks down at me. As corny as it sounds, a few butterflies fluttered in my stomach.