25-Runaway

"Oh good for her!" Laura exclaims as she rocks Cooper back and forth. Clint carries a warm bottle back into the living room. He was tired and half awake.

"Good for who, honey?" He asks, yawning. Clint looked over to television. On said television was a video of Peyton Stark, quickly walking whilst holding a man's hand. Both of them were dressed in workout clothes. Her face was mostly hidden by a hoodie, but Clint Barton would know those lips anywhere. The man she was with had dark hair and was wearing tiny red rimmed sunglasses. In his free hand was a seeing cane. That bitch always loved a sob story.

"Can you please give us some room? Please." Peyton snapped at the reporters surrounding the two. They backed off, still shouting questions at the two. Her natural pink lips were pressed together and she held onto her gym bag a little tighter.

"Isn't nice that she's with someone? I wonder if that's father of that baby of hers." Laura says, a smile on her face. Clint pressed his lips for a moment, anger bubbling up inside of him. Laura rocked her baby back and forth. To Laura, Peyton Stark was just a celebrity, just a billionaire. Peyton Stark was someone for her to gossip about, to copy her style after. She only thought that Peyton and Clint were friends. On the screen, Peyton and the man were still surrounded by the paparazzi. Clint gripped the bottle in his hand so hard that milk squirted out.

-

"I'm sorry, oh God I am sorry." I was a blubbering mess as soon as we got into Matt's apartment. I dropped the bag on the table, running my hands through his hair. My thoughts were running though my mind a thousand miles per minute. How did they find us? It was so late at night. I thought we were okay.

"Hey hey hey, I'm okay. We're okay." Matt took me into arms, holding me close. We both smelled of sweat, but I don't think either of us really cared. My thoughts slowed down and I started to calm down.

"I-You don't deserve that. I'm used to it, but I didn't want you to have to go through that." I murmur into his chest as he rubbed my back. I honestly didn't want Matt to have to experience what Tony and I have been dealing with. It was always pain in the ass to deal with and I didn't want him to have to go through all that shit.

"I'm okay, darling. I told you that I wanted you regardless. I wasn't lying. I said I'd try to keep up with you and I am going to keep up with you." Matt murmurs to me, kissing my forehead. I look up at him, the light shining in from the windows painting us in a pink light.

"You can get out now, if you want. I'd totally understand if you want to." I tell him, my hand moving to cup his cheek. He leans into my hand, his hand reaching up to hold mine against his face.

"I'm not going to leave you." He says, his voice soft. My heart is thumping in my chest, butterflies filling my stomach. It was incredibly cheesy, ridiculously cheesy. The feelings he gave me made me want to abandon everything I knew. It made me wish I could have that white picket fence lifestyle. But we would never have that.

"I don't think I could ever give you a normal life." I tell him and he nods, a small smile on his face.

"You're a billionaire and a superhero and I'm a blind lawyer by day and a blind vigilante by night. We were never going to have a normal life." He chuckles and so do I. My heart swells and I kiss him hard. My other hand moves to his hair, holding him to my face. He kisses me back, holding me close. I suddenly realize in that moment-or maybe it finally dawns on me-that I would do anything for this man, in the same way I would do anything for Tony.

"You know, my brother is going to want to meet you now and he doesn't like a lot of people." I say with a laugh. He chuckles and kisses me again, still holding my hand to his face. I felt warm all over.