27-Doves In The Wind

My hands were covered with flames as I flew up into the sky. I landed near a large group of Hydra affiliated soldiers. They all looked at me as I smirked, looking at all of them as the sized me up. A few of them looked terrified.

Good.

"You know I really hate Nazis, boys." I purr before suddenly surrounding us in a ring of fire. They tried to fire their guns, but I quickly got to work, punching and kicking them until they all fell to the ground. I left the flames still circling them and walked through said flames, quickly ducking behind a tree to shield myself from an onslaught of bullets. All around me was the chaos of a battle. Hulk roaring, Tony's suit's blasters going off. I sprung out again once I heard my teammates coming, all of us moving together for a moment, jumping (in my case, flying) over a road block. Quickly, we split again, going off to fight.

"Shit." Tony complained as he probably hit something. I swung low and took out the legs of some Hydra soldier. Another one attempted to grab me, but I set my body on fire. He jumped back, burned all over. We were here to get Loki's scepter. We weren't leaving until we had it. We'd been looking for it at every Hydra complex we've taken down.

"Language! Jarvis what's the view from upstairs?" Cap asked over the comms. I took down a Hydra Soldier in what looks like a discount Iron Man suit by wrapping him in flames.

"It's well monitored, way beyond any other Hydra base that we've taken." Jarvis responds. Thor lands next to me, helping me take down approaching enemy. Breathe, kid.

"Loki's scepter must be here. Strucker couldn't have done this without it. At long last." Thor tells us. I launch a fireball at a group of soldiers and Thor throws his hammer. We take down the people around us effortlessly. I duck as he throws the hammer at people behind me. Matt will love hearing about this.

"We'll get it back, Goldilocks. Don't worry." I smirk at Thor, who grins in return. He and I take down the remaining men surrounding us before he flies off. I too fly off, landing by Natasha. She's hiding behind a little rock formation.

"That long last is lasting a little long boys." She says, looking at me. I nod in agreement.

"I think we've lost the element of surprise." Clint comments. Natasha watches my face as he speaks. I keep my emotions steady as I look at Natasha before turning my attention towards approaching Hydra agents. A mission is no place for emotions. His hand on my face, him slapping me. Me throwing a bottle of beer at his head after he told me to get rid of the baby.

"Wait a second, no one else is going to deal with the fact that Cap just said "Language!"?" Tony asks, which makes my laugh as I form a large fireball. I throw it at the oncoming agents, making them fall like bowling pins.

"I know. It just slipped out." Steve says and I no longer hear the purr of his motorcycle. I narrow my eyes as I turn to look at Natasha. She's grinning at me.

"Steve, I know you just didn't destroy another motorcycle." I put my hands on my hips, shaking my head. My red head friend is trying not to laugh. It was the third time he had ruined a perfectly good, brand new bike. It's coming out of his paycheck.

"....Sorry Pey." Steve murmurs and I groan. I'm about to retort, but something else catches my attention, as well as Natasha's. Some distance away, we hear a few wooshes and Clint goes down, a large wound on his side. Blood covers some of the snow around him.

"Clint!" Natasha cries out, running towards him. I stand still, watching her. She's never fully angry at Clint. She can never be angry at Clint. Natasha is never fully on my side. She knew him before she knew me. But I can't say anything. Part of me wants to run to him, pull his head into my lap and tell him anything is going to be okay. Wants to kiss him, hold his hand and keep him conscious. The slap, his clenched fists.

"We have an enhanced in the field." Cap states and I hold in a sigh. Be strong, you dumb bitch. You have a great man waiting for you at home, a man that won't hit you.

"Clint's been hit." Natasha says as she kneels by his side. I turn away, not wanting to see anymore, not wanting to help. "Can someone take care of that bunker?" From the following roars and earth shaking movements, I know Hulk does. I fly off, taking out my anger that Clint caused me on powerless Hydra soldiers. Fuck off. Everyone fuck off.

Breathe.

Breathe.

Breathe.

Apparently, most soldiers of Hydra have knives on them. The little voice wraps around my anger, whispering in my ear. It feeds on the anger and I just let it take control. Their eyes cloud over and they stab themselves in the gut, over and over until they can't anymore. More men come and more of them die. I can't here what they're saying over the comms because I just keep moving and moving.

-

We get the scepter. The heroes win. I sit far away from the rest team on way back. Earbuds are in my ear, loud music covering up every little sound. I know they're working on Clint. As soon as we land, I head to bedroom. I didn't think that I was going to go so easy back over to the other side.

As soon as the door shuts, I pull off my suit, leaving me in my bra and underwear. I set on my bed, Jarvis pulling the blinds over the windows. I lay back against the bed for a moment. I get up, walking over to shower, turning the water so it's at its hottest.

"Jarvis, put me on do not disturb mode. No visitors." I command as I strip. I step under the spray of shower, shutting my eyes. I was exhausted. I used my powers too much and my final stunt drained me. I needed to sleep for a long time.

"Yes Miss Stark. Are you still coming to tonight's party?" He asks as I tilt my head back, letting the water run down my face and neck.

"I don't know yet."

-

I go to the party.

I dress up to the nines, telling myself I'm not going to let Clint make me feel like shit. My hair is carefully curled. My heels click against the stairs as I walk down them. Apparently my outfit draws the attention of those in attendance. I smirk my red lips. The lace lingerie top leaves little to the imagination and the jeans I'm wearing don't help. Sam and Steve walk up to me, each with a beer in their hands. Sam had a shit eating grin on his face and Steve is both blushing and smiling.

"You look amazing, fire starter." Sam says and I grin.

"Thanks Sammy. Steve, are you don't blushing?" I ask, turning to my elderly friend. Steve just blushes harder and Sam laughs.

"You look great. Really making the rest of us look horrible, doll." Steve teases and I chuckle.

"That's what I try to do." I respond and I hook my arms into Sam and Steve's as we walk down the rest of the stairs, "So what are we looking at, boys?"

"Well we were looking at you, sugar." Sam responds and I roll my eyes, turning to look at Steve.

"Why did we invite him?" I ask in faux seriousness. Steve chuckles and Sam bumps me with his hip.

"Is Matt not coming, Pey?" Steve asks and I sigh, shaking my head.

"No he isn't. He has to work late tonight." I tell them and they both make disapproving noises. I mean, technically speaking, Matt was working late tonight. He was just working...in his red suit...that has horns on it.

"Does he have court in the morning?" Sam asks and I smile.

"Yeah, something like that."