11-He Hit Me (It Didn't Feel Like a Kiss)

He had some fucking balls.

I only wanted to drop off some finished mission reports. It was just supposed to be in and out. It would take less than an hour but that time flew out of the window when I walked into my office at the Triskellion and Clint was standing there, leaning against my desk. He looked up when the door shut behind me, a small smile on his face. He let his eyes flicker down to look at my outfit, which had consisted of a pair of black red bottoms and a tight burgundy dress. Fuck you, Clint. This outfit isn't for you, you fucking useless piece of garbage.

I stopped in the door way, clutching my files tightly in my arms. Anger bubbled up inside of me and the room grew hotter. I forced the flames that wanted to shoot out at him away, not wanting to ruin my office or my reports. He was looking at me like he was almost relieved to see me. The bags under his eyes were darkened and his hair was a bit longer. It made me even angrier that he still looked good.

"Hey." Clint said like I would be okay with him being here. I narrowed my eyes at him and clenched my jaw.

"Get out." I almost spat at him, putting my reports on a nearby filing cabinet. Fury would be pissed if they were even slightly burned. Clint stood up straighter.

"Pey, listen-" He tried, but I quickly shut him down. The room grew hotter and flames appeared on my fingers as I glared at him.

"No. You do not get to come in here and pretend that everything is fine! You do not get say "Pey listen,"!" I snapped and he flinched at my phone. How ducking dare he just walk in here. I told him that I wanted nothing to do with him. He does not get to act like he didn't do what he did. Fuck you, Clint Barton, fuck yo-

"Peyton, please." Clint cut through my thoughts, talking like you would to calm a child down. He moved towards me, his eyes quickly looking down to see flames crawling from my fingers to cover my hands. I shook my head and shut my eyes, trying to calm myself down. I forced the flames back down to my fingers. In through your nose, out through the mouth-relax, kid.

"I told you that we were done. We are done. I don't understand why you don't fucking understand that." My voice was low and dipping in anger. He sighs and runs his hand through his hair.

"I understand that you're pissed-" Clint tries again, obviously trying to keep him calm as well. I scoff, looking away from him and instead looking out the window behind him.

"That's an understatement, Barton. A fucking understatement." I can see him roll his eyes out  of the corner of my eye. My eyes snap back to him, the anger bubbling up again. The fucking balls on him. He catches his mistake and tries to speak again, lifting his hands to make soothing motions.

I should, at this point, mention that it had been months since I had last seen Clint. I was doing fine getting over him. I was controlling how I felt about him. Controlling my anger. But now-now I let my progress fly out the window. Before he could speak, I opened my mouth.

"I don't understand why you thought I would hear you out. You're a fucking idiot for thinking that things would be fine. Oh and I'm fine by the way." My words were soaked in venom and he once more flinched, "I know you know what happened, but you don't care. You wanted me to get rid of it regardless."

"Calm down-" He started to walk towards me again, lifting his hand as to calm me. The flames crawled my hands once more. My eye twitched and I clenched my fists, glaring at him.

"You do not get to tell me to calm down. You weren't there when I woke up covered in my own blood." My voice again was quiet and dangerous, "Tony found me screaming. You weren't there when they told me I had lost my baby. You didn't console me. You didn't even fucking call. You didn't do shit because it was just a problem, right? A problem you left me to deal with on my own. So fuck you, Clint Barton." Clint's jaw clenched.

"You didn't seem that fucking upset when you were all over, Cap." He spat out and I laugh emptily. Clint glared at me as I shook my head. Pictures of Steve and I dancing were everywhere the day after the gala. Of course he saw them. He had walked closer to me and we were now a few feet apart.

"No no, you don't get to act like I cheated on you, Clint. We are done and we were done when I danced with Steve. You don't get to act all pissy because I'm not there to suck your cock anymore, Clint. I don't fucking need you. So stop being a little bitch and grow the fu-" His hand shot out and he slapped me hard across the face. My head jerked to the side as tears welled in my eyes from the pain. I stumbled backward slightly, my hand extinguishing as I touch my face. Tears rolled down my cheeks as I looked at him. Clint was breathing hard, fists clenched at his sides. He started to calm down and his eyes widened suddenly, as if it finally dawned on him that he had slapped me. He reached out to me and moved away from him. What's with Stark women always ending in abusive situations?

"If you don't fucking leave in the next ten seconds, I will kill you." I whisper, looking at him while still holding my cheek. This is-God, why can't I fight him? Why am I acting as if I'm not more powerful than him? Clint opens his mouth to stay something, but he decides against it. Without another word, he leaves my office, leaving me in tears and holding my red cheek.