Chapter 1

adella pov -

The thunderous rain pounds on my window, waking me from my deep slumber. My eyes groggily open, my senses at a low due to tiredness.

The shadows surrounding me, the room completely dark except the natural light shining through my windows indicating that it's still the early hours of the morning. Within the shadows I see movement. I try and get up but my body won't allow it, my hands and feet are shackled to the bed - the cold, hard metal constraining my movement to a minimum.

The shadows start to contort into two figures, they move towards the bed with a leisurely pace - looking like they are enjoying the sight of me writhing in the chains.

One figure moves out of the shadows with ease and grace, the muscles in his arms accentuated as he crosses them over his chest. His chestnut brown hair falling above his thick eyebrows as usual, a sense of carelessness is portrayed.

His green eyes pierce through mine, whilst relishing in the sight of me struggle. The way his lips curl, the smug look on his face, the sinister glint in his steely eyes is something that could never be forgotten.

The second of the two figures also shows themselves, her black shiny hair falling perfectly as usual around her petite, angular face, her tan skin glowing in the moonlit lighting, her narrowed brown eyes targeting their disdain towards me, her lips thinned - obviously not enjoying this as much as the previous figure.

They approach me in a predatorial way, their movements exaggerating their excitement at their prey. In this case, me.

They finally reach my bed, after their agonizingly slow trundle to it.

The male sits on the edge of the bed, the bed dipping - this makes me slide down a little involuntary. He then looks me up and down with lust evident in his eyes, nothing he hasn't seen before. My satin red gown falling mid thigh and starting just at the dip of my plump breasts, something I wouldn't usually where if I knew I would have company.

"Long time no see darling. How are you holding up without me Adella?" He says in a sultry, dark voice.

I don't answer him, just stare back at him with hatred evident in my eyes. I feel his claws elongate on my thigh as I don't reply to him, even pain won't make me speak to him.

His bloody hand then trails up my thigh whilst still looking in my eyes, I remain emotionless - not giving him any satisfaction of how much I hate the feel of him on me. His hand then moves towards my face, cupping my cheek gently until he roughly grabs my chin and makes me stare into those snake like eyes.

"See you soon darling, the mountains can't hide you forever."

He then slaps me, my cheek tingling with the impact of his textured hand; something I was expecting. With how long I've known him, he changes his mood and actions instantly.

Then I succumb into darkness.

I wake, glistening in sweat, my heart beating at an erratic speed. Goosebumps spreading through my body, not only from the nightmare but also from the breeze coming through the open balcony doors leading to the crisp day outside.

I roughly pull and tug at my long white locks in exasperation of what I had seen last night, just like most nights. The repetition of them annoys me rather than frightens me.

I lie in my bed and replay the line that haunts me - 'the mountains can't hide you forever' those simple yet sinister words.

I lie in bed for what seems like hours, replaying those words. Just like every other morning.

I finally move out of my big lush bed from the insistent hassling from my wolf - telling me that I need to focus on the now.

My feet plant onto the cold, hard wooden floor, then I walk to my balcony and sink into my seat scanning the deep forest which envelopes my house.

The snow dropping elegantly onto the already white and covered ground and trees.

My forest.

My ground.

My trees.

My home.

My wolf, May, howls inside me - begging to be released into the woods, her woods. My wolf aches to be chasing animals, coating her snout in flakey snow, being surrounded by the cool, fresh air.

I let my wolf have her way as I jump off the balcony and land with expertise in the soft, delicate snow - my body loving the feel of being in the wild nature conditions.

That's what the mountains do to you.

I take off in a run towards the woods, once I get there I shrug off the small gown and relish in the breeze hitting my body, I envision my elegant wolf.

My bones crack rapidly with ease and soon enough I'm standing on all fours, my white paws digging into the deep snow.

I howl loudly, expressing my many confliciting emotions. I feel my pack members in my head but I block them out, needing to be by myself.

Anger.

Sadness.

Happiness.

Excitement.

I run deeper into the forest, my surroundings flying past me as I quicken. My mainly white wolf blending in with the setting, after hours of running my legs start to tire.

By now, the sun is shining and the blue skies are lightening the day - letting me know it's around 10 am.

The sound of the gushing waterfall entices my wolf, we near the beautiful scene and an immense feelings of pride is emitted from my wolf as she views our precious territory.

I decide to shift back into my human form and go for a swim, I slowly glide into the lake and swim towards the waterfall. Once underneath the constant falling of water, I sigh contently and close my eyes - feeling extremely happy and at peace.

I hear a twig snap in the distance but my precise hearing picks up on it and I immediately open my eyes and search the trees and surroundings with caution for any sign of movement.

There is none, I guess it could have been another animal.

I guessed too soon.

Soon I find a hard hand wrapping round my ankle and dragging me underneath the water, I struggle to get my ankle released from the steel hold of this other person - I kick and flail until I hit something.

The grip is loosened and I take this opportunity to swim back to the surface and greedily gulp in the fresh air whilst looking underneath the water to find a pair of a blue eyes looking back at me.

**********************

Hey readers xoxo

Thanks for reading, keep doing that and share this book with others.

If there is anything that should be changed just message me xoxo

FOLLOW ME PLEASE X

*edited

-LMR XOX