Chapter 6

adella pov -

"Ashy?" I say, surprised.

"Mate." He says with determination.

We both look equally shocked, not processing what is happening.

Blake's hold on my waist tightens as he hears those words from Ashton's mouth - almost as if he isn't ready to let me go yet.

Ashton narrows his eyes at this but doesn't do anything else, my bet is he is still in shock to get possessive.

All the pack members present look between Ashton and I contemplating what to say. I'm lost for words, not thinking that Ashton, the Ashton from my past would turn up at my doorstep. Literally. And also turn out to be my mate.

Too many questions will be asked, too many secrets revealed. Too many eyes watching me as I explain my story.

Something I'm not willing to do, for a long time anyway.

Once I take my eyes away from Ashton's piercing silver ones, I usher everybody inside, not going close to my mate. The men gather in the living room where some more of my men are located; all socialising with each other.

The maids gather all of their belongings and place their items in the allocated rooms.

I discreetly try to avoid Ashton by going round socialising with people, making sure all the rooms are ready, going to my office to sign some other documents.

I guess this is cowardly but I still need some time, I haven't thought about having a mate for a long time - so now that he is here I don't know what to do.

Right now I'm sitting in my office alone, doing work to try and stay away from my mate - needing to gather enough courage to be near him.

I pull at my long white hair, I'm surprised it hasn't fallen out yet with the amounts of time I pull it from annoyance. And that's a lot of the time.

I muster up the strength after sitting in my office for around ten minutes to go downstairs and speak to him.

I open the door but I'm suddenly pushed back into the office and the door slammed shut behind him.

I look up into his eyes, his unique silver eyes. They aren't something you could forget. I look at him, he seems to be around 6'5, making my 5'8 size look petite.

His eyes silver with flecks of blue in them, his black hair messily arranged on his head falling just above his eyebrows. His complexion still a tan one, he always used to tease me for being pale.

His jaw very prominent, I gotta say he has definitely had a glow up. A good one.

His body is muscular, but not buff. Just the right about of muscle in my opinion, his black ralph lauren t-shirt complimenting his body showing off all the time he has spent in the gym.

(inwardly sighs) why do I have such a beautiful specimen as my mate?

He drops his gaze from my eyes to scan my body, my body heats up from his look. The mate bond already taking it's place.

After what seems like ages he looks back into my eyes, I find myself feeling a tad self concious but not too much as he already saw this when we were younger.

I open my mouth to say something but I'm lost for words, I probably look like a fish with my mouth hanging open - with that thought, I close it swiftly.

"You don't know how much I've missed you." He says, the hurt showing in his eyes - this makes me feel guilty.

"Sorry. " I say, not knowing what to say.

I look at our position, I'm leaning against my desk, he is standing about two yards away from me - his hands clenching and unclenching - showing his want to touch me. He's restraining, I appreciate this.

"Where did you go? We looked for you, I looked for you." He replies, his melancholy tone emphasising his sadness at what happened.

"It's hard to explain, there's more to me than you would expect. I don't know if I can tell you yet, you will have to wait. Just know I have a good reason." I respond, my sadness coming through my voice.

He pulls me in, taking me in his arms - his arms trapping my waist. My head resting on his chest, sparks igniting when we touch - butterflies flying round in my stomach. My arms snaking round his back, his head resting on mine.

"I'll wait, I'll be here." He says, this makes my heart warm - that statement makes me immensely happy.

"Thank you." I reply, my sound muffled by his top.

"No need to thank me, I'll always be right beside you from now on - no need to thank me for such a simple act." I feel overjoyed, not expecting this reaction.

After a while we moved out of that position and left the office and went downstairs to see all the men chatting with each other, as if they had known them for years.

Blake saw us entering the room and lifted his eyebrow but didn't say anything, James standing beside him with a grin on his face - winking at me as he saw me enter.

Most men look at us and bow their heads but also smile, showing their respect and happiness for us.

The three men that I was joking with approach me, I grin at them - remembering earlier. Once they reach where I'm standing, I put my hand out for them to shake - they look wearily at their Alpha.

Nope I'm not having this overprotectiveness, well not at this stage of the...whatever this is.

"Lads, shake my hand. You don't need his permission, it's my hand." I say in a jokey manner.

All of them then shake my hand, still not holding on too long.

"I see he's already starting to ease up, good job." Says the man from earlier.

"I know I'm going to get along with you but I'd like to know who I'm dealing with." I say, adding a wink at the end.

"I'm Jackson, Head Warrior of Lyndon Ridge Pack. Aka bestfriend of the grump next to you." He says proudly, earning a playful growl from Ashton.

"I think we'll be good friends, maybe we could be best friends. I think I could give you a better time than Ashton over here." I tease.

They all laugh, at ease with me. Clearly showing their like towards me which makes me happy.

I then usher all the hungry males to the dining room, letting them take advantage of the big buffet I had made especially for them.

The food was being cleared in record time, the males wolfing down the food as if they won't see any again.

Blake sat next to me on my left and James on my right, Ashton sitting opposite me. His gaze on me the whole meal, not being discreet with that. I sneak peaks at him frequently, always catching his eye.

His attention mostly on me, except when his pack members speak to him or when he is indirectly involved in the conversation.

On my exterior I don't show any emotion towards his attention, but secretly I'm loving it....

******

Hey lovelies,

Hope you're enjoying xoxo

FOLLOW ME PLEASE X

Share this.

*edited

-LMR XOX