Chapter 16

I'm giving a shoutout to Death_By_Narcissism , he has made this cover for me - it's so good! Also he has an amazing book - Ares, go check it out as well! Thank you so much Nathan🙃🙃xox

adella pov -

I look up at Ben with wide eyes, I take a few unsteady steps back and repeat those words in a small voice, "You were there..."

He stands there, his face void of any emotion, his eyes soften a bit at the corners at seeing my unstable state.

The past brings back memories that I want to forget, permanently. It makes me remember how weak I was, how foolish I was.

My parents, my sister, my abusers - all of them I can't think about. If I think about one then all of the memories come flooding in, always unwanted.

Sometimes the memories become unbearable and I resort to methods of trying to get rid of them - pain, isolation, pleasure, whatever I feel is suiting me at the time.

I look intently back at Ben, not knowing what to say.

"Are those the only scars you have?" Ben questions, referring to my back - I hesitate but shake my head, signalling a no.

He tilts his head to the side slightly and furrows his eyebrows, thinking of other places where the scarring could affect - I decide to put him out of his misery.

"Back, stomach and upper thighs." I say quietly but loud enough for him to hear. I take this opportunity to put my top back on, I then move a few yards to the left and sit down - my back pressing up against the hard, unforgiving bark.

Ben slowly walks towards me and plonks himself down next to me, we both stay silent - listening to the nature around us.

"How long were you there?" Ben asks softly.

"Three years, and you?" I reply.

"Two." He responds. I nod and don't reply, not wanting to push his boundaries.

"What age were you?" He asks wearily.

"13 up to 16, you?" I reply. This makes me think we're playing 21 questions, but this version is a bit more depressing.

"15 to 17." He responds, I stay silent after that.

The silence envelopes us, it's arms wrapping round us - emphasising the serene feel. We're silent for the best part of what feels like 5 minutes until Ben breaks it, "What did they do to you?" He asks softly, hesitantly and quietly.

I can't tell him, I can feel what they did to me still.

The hands, the abuse, the laughter that surrounded me.

I get up rapidly and sprint away, shifting into my wolf form in the process; I bolt away into the white forestry.

I run for miles, for the first few I felt Ben a little behind me but I haven't heard him recently, obviously getting the message and deciding to let me have my space.

I howl up into the sky, my emotions roaring through my loud cry: sadness, pain, grief.

My howl echoes through the forest, the birds hurriedly scuttling into the sky, the small animals running to their minuscule, hidden homes.

Instantly I feel people trying to enter my mind from the mindlink, most prominently Ashton and Blake.

I feel Ashton's noticeable presence in my mind, trying to enter but I put up a block that prevents him from feeling and seeing my emotions and thoughts.

I can't allow him to see what I'm thinking, all of my thoughts are what happened - an accumulation of depressing and vulgar images.

I run for ages, I reach pack boarder and cross it without a second thought, needing complete and utter space.

I keep running, still knowing my surroundings as I'm gaining closer to the small, dainty little town called 'Ballinacarrow'. As I reach the town I discreetly head to a unique western red cedar tree, I always have clothes and some money stashed subtly around it - as if anyone needs to get into the town after shifting then they will have something.

I quickly shift and put on black ripped jeans, grey oversized jumper and nude flats along with fifteen dollars. I walk into the town, not many people know me here as the pack land is around an hour drive into the mountains and they don't usually go there - an unspoken rule.

I go to a cute little café called the 'White Raven', I enter and a sweet bell rings indicating that someone's arrived, in this case me. I walk to the cashier and order myself a caramel latte, needing some sweetness.

I enjoy times like this where I'm surrounded by humans and all they see when they look at me is a normal, quite tall, white haired girl rather than when I'm encircled by wolves and they can sense my power and this already makes their mind up for them.

They steer clear of me and always bow to me, yes I like to be respected but it still angers me a little.

I sit myself down in a small booth in the corner, the silver velvet cushioning sinking under my weight.

The café is charming as the cushions of the seats are silver or red velvet, the tables a nice rustic light brown, the lights uniquely hanging down - offering a dark but cute lighting to the restaurant.

The door where I entered is complimented with full length windows that allow the people inside to people watch, something I like doing in situations like this - you get to appreciate the simplicity of life.

I people watch and realise how busy it is in this town, I quickly look at the clock to realise that it's 5.30pm and I'm shocked at how quickly the time has gone this afternoon since I left Ben, that must've been around an hour ago.

I soon finish my drink and choose to head back, not wanting to worry anyone.

I leave the quirky shop and look around the town and make a mental note to come back here again, maybe for a date night with Ashton - loving the relaxed vibe from here.

I discreetly head back into the woods and unchange quickly and shift with ease. I head off in the direction of my pack lands and within a small amount of time I've crossed the boarder, I feel the calming sense of my pack encompassing me.

I use the last of my energy to sprint the way back to my house, knowing that Ashton will definitely be situated there and the others such as Blake and Ben might be.

My house comes into my view and I very rapidly shift and shove on a top, not even bothering to look at it. I walk up to my humble abode and take my time getting to my door, preparing myself for the abuse I will receive from running off like that.

I open the door slowly and quietly although I know people will be able to sense me if they can't hear the door squeak.

Once I'm inside I close the door soundlessly and turn back around to see Ashton leaning on the kitchen doorway, his arms folded against his chest, his foot tapping impatiently, his hair messily arranged by too many finger drags though it.

I smile meekly hoping that could ease him out of this mood, but boy am I wrong.

He stalks towards me, a dangerous glint in his eyes, his smile a mischievous one.

'Oh shit.' Is all my wolf and I can think.

*********

Hello my lovelies,

You've all been very quiet, comment please!

Keep reading,commenting, following, voting and sharing!

Currently I'm #451 in werewolf, help me get better!Xox

*edited

-LMRXOX