Chapter 44

Hello readers.
  I just want to thank you all as my book has now reached over 70k reads!!!
  I never expected it to get that much but thank you for reading it!!!
  Please keep sharing as the views are decreasing every chapter☹!!

adella pov - (pic above is Ben - I'VE CHANGED HIS APPEARANCE A LITTLE, DON'T WORRY IT'S NOT A MISTAKE.)

"Oi Ad, are you even listening?" Jackson questions with humour laced in his voice while he prods my forehead.

I look back upto him and stutter my reply, "Erm, y-yes. Why would you think otherwise?"

"Erm because you don't even know what I've been speaking to you about for this whole conversation and you've looked nowhere but your twiddling fingers." He replies and I immediately stop moving my fingers.

I sigh tiredly and apologise, "Sorry, I just haven't been getting much sleep for the past couple of days, you know with Ashton being gone and everything."

He shakes his head and rubs my back soothingly, "Don't worry, I understand."

I nod and rest my head on his shoulder, I huff slightly and add, "My wolf still hasn't communicated me. I'm just so worried and I don't know what will trigger her to talk to me."

He continues to run his hands down my back, in a friendly manner and he replies softly, "She's there but she's just recovering. Don't you worry your pretty little head."

I chuckle lightly and then move out of his arms and offer, "Would you like some food?"

"How can I say no to that my dear Luna?" He responds with a rhetorical question and I walk over to the cupboards and gather the kitchen utensils that will enable me to make the food.

"Do you want to contact the others to see if they're free for lunch?" I ask and he eagerly nods and his eyes immediately glaze over, indicating he's mindlinking the others.

Ashton had left for the Council meeting and many other meetings with Council members about my pack, he recommended that I didn't join him for these meets as he didn't know how the Council would react.

He's been gone for four days now and he has another five days to go. I haven't been able to sleep much with the loss of his presence. We've been calling each other everyday but that doesn't ease the tension in my heart.

My thoughts are savagely interrupted by the sudden raging headache that invades my mind. The pain so intense that I drop all of the fruit loudly into the bowl and clutch the sides roughly with my hands.

My now white chuckles straining from the weight of my whole body. My legs are shaking and I hear Jackson's far enquiry, "Luna what's wrong?"

"Bathroom....get...me..to..the..bathroom." I shakily mutter and he swiftly lifts my shaking body and carries me to the bathroom.

"Do you want me to s-" He starts to ask but I shake my head and quietly order, "Leave please."

He nods and leaves but not before looking at me once more with sympathetic eyes. The door clicked shut and I shuffled to the toilet and leaned over it. My body dry heaving, my chest jerking back and forth ungracefuly.

Liquid finally starts spewing out of my mouth and splatters into the toilet. I hear the door click open but I can't protest to the intruder as vomit is leaving my body.

"Sshhh honey, get it out. You're nearly there." Kira soothes. One hand pressing firmly but weirdly at the same time, softly. The other holding my hair from being covered in my breakfast and dinner from the past few days.