Chapter 4

adella pov -

My eyes widen at the scene in front of me.

Unknown men growling at my men but not trying to attack.

Their teeth bared, canines sharpened, eyes blackened, most ready to shift. Their attention solely on my warriors and guards.

The men are all muscular, some tall and lean, some others smaller; but all clad in black training gear, showing their power and strength.

The unknown men now focus their attention on me as soon as they realise I have entered; their bodies and eyes going back to normal and their growling slowly subsiding.

Some eyes still narrowing and sizing up my men.

Some men's eyes trailing me up and down, surprise in some eyes, lust in some others. Some are emotionless but eyebrows lift, lips curl.

I raise my brow and smirk at Blake and he just shrugs but a little smirk starting to form on his lips - his eyes also narrowing at those who have lust in their eyes.

I now turn my attention to the men, who are patiently waiting and watching the unspoken conversation between Blake and I.

"So who are you and why are you here?" I question the men, not beating round the bush.

One man answers, his black hair messily formed on the top of his head, his pale complexion contrasting with his royal blue eyes; he emitts power but also cockiness. I don't like it.

"We were sent by our Alpha. Alpha Ashton of Lyndon Ridge Pack. He sent us as we are his strongest warriors and wanted to see if you were a myth or real. Turns out you are real, and we wouldn't mind a piece of you." He finishes with a wink.

Before he could say anything else, Blake is beside me and growling menacingly at the man but he looks unaffected. Blake obviously bothered by the comment from the man.

"Is he your mate?" One man asks, eyeing Blake wearily.

"That's none of your business thank you." I reply with no emotion.

"What does your Alpha want with me?" I question the men.

"He wants to see what it's like here, he could unite if he felt like it. Our pack is the strongest in America - with over 500 members. Unbeaten for decades. He was also pushed by his father to meet his mate, if he doesn't within a year - he will be put in an arranged mating." The man who previously spoke, answers.

"And why would I let him come here?" I retort, shocked with the information also on the arranged mating.

"You might not but what's the harm in letting him - you've already got us here. We have a letter here, with your permission he would like to visit. All the details are on the sheet."

The man passes the guard the letter, he then proceeds to passing it to me. I open it and I skim the text, also sensing Blake reading the text with narrowed eyes - not liking the sound of this offer.

"Why the sudden interest in us?" Blake asks, wearily.

"Believe it or not but many packs speak of you, not knowing if you are real or not. Many making up rumours, many curious and seeking your pack but never returning. Some members from our pack have travelled here but never returned, we want to see if they are here as well.

Most men with me here also are mateless, most have searched most or all packs - they wanted to come here to see if theirs were here. A harmless act.

Our Alpha also wants to see if these rumours are true. If he likes your pack he might even want something else, don't worry we won't wage war but he might unify. You and your pack are highly respected."

The man replies who has been speaking the whole time for the men. His eyes holding pride when speaking of his Alpha, something I respect when my fellow pack members do and this pleases me to see a sense of loyalty in these men.

"Guards take them to House 45. Keep guards round the building, if any try anything suspicious then contact me and don't hesitate to put them in the cells - do what you please with them dependant on what they have tried to do."

I reply with his and take my leave with Blake, my loyal Beta. We both look unsure of this proposition but not much could go wrong, and we don't want to give off the wrong message.

We head to my office but take a detour through the woods, we are both silent but nothing is needed to be said.

We are both thinking of certain things, the comfortable silence surrounding us. The forestry also calming us down, letting us be in our own little worlds for a while. I think of what the man said and look down at the piece of paper.

A simple piece of paper but could lead to good or bad, something that I don't want to risk.

We finally reach my house, heading straight to my office with this important matter.

The office door is a nice dark brown which contrasts but agrees with the creme interior of the room. My desk matching the colour of the door, I have a couch on the right side; a maroon leather - used for guests or when I get sleep there - from the exhausting work I do.

Blake and I sit down in our chairs, his eyes glaze over - I'm guessing he is mind linking Delta James to inform him of this important decision.

Minutes later James enters and bows his head at us and quickly takes a seat.

I run my hand through my hair roughly, trying to decide what to do in this situation. I look up at Blake and then James, both looking at me expectantly.

"I think we should thoroughly think about this before reaching a final decision.

I am weary of how they have approached us, we haven't had this in years.

I know all Alphas and am aware of each pack and their ways. This pack doesn't wage war unless they have a good reason, they don't in this case so they couldn't attack us.

If they unify they could bring knowledge, weapons, members. Many positives, they are also the strongest pack and from what we heard we are also respected - this could ward off any enemies.

On the other hand, if we allow them. They would see our pack and how strong we are, take advantage of that. They could attack - I'm not willing to take part in a war over something silly like this. What do you think?"

I finish my speech, I look at the two men. I see the wheels turning in their heads, processing what I've said and thinking about outcomes.

"I think we should allow them, but limit them to a certain amount of people. No big weapons, I read the letter with you and nothing seems suspicious. All the men that are in the cells didn't have any weapons which is good - they also didn't lie. Their heartbeats were always the same."

Blake says and I agree, we would have to be careful with our decisions. We both look at James, expecting his opinion.

"Yes we should let them come, if we didn't the other Alphas could infer that as us hiding something if we didn't allow them here. It is a reasonable request, to be fair.

We will be professional and allow them to visit for a short period of time. Then tell them to leave as we don't want to seem to open as this could make other packs want to come and I don't think we would appreciate looking like a circus act - something someone can come and look at whenever they please."

Our decision was made, but all of us kept quiet.

Thinking of all that could go wrong.

*********

Hey guys xox

Keep reading and commenting!

Hope you're enjoying it, please tell me if I'm rushing or anything.

Share the book with friends.

FOLLOW ME PLEASE X

*edited

-LMR XOXO