Chapter 43

adella pov -

Ashton brings me back to the house and we lie in serenity and for once, I don't know what to do. I have no reason to worry, no reason to look behind my shoulder, no reason to keep secrets from Ashton.

His body is currently embracing mine and I look up into his deep eyes and soon they flick down to me. Usually I would rapidly flit my eyes away and blush profusely, but not today.

I've missed looking into his eyes and now that I am, I'm getting lost within them. His eyebrows lift and his lips curl slightly at my oggling at him. I narrow my eyes but he laughs and I cuddle back into him.

"What are you supposed to do now?" I ask him and he takes a minute to reply.

"What do you propose we do?" He replies with a question and I shake my head.

"You're supposed to answer, not deflect the question with another." I huff and he chuckles at my short tempered response.

"Well to be perfectly honest, I don't know. We have no threats to deal with, everything is settled with our pack with minor injuries within our army from escaping you. The only subject I can think of is speaking with the Council." He says and my blood runs cold at the thought of the Council.

"Why?" I ask coolly.

"Well it's against the law to not attend the Council's meetings and Balls and I think we should inform them why you haven't. You won't be in trouble, it would just ease the tension with them." He softly remarks and I relax, thinking I'd be in trouble.

We lie like that for ages and I look down at my battered state and wonder how I'm not as skinny as I was when I fell asleep.

"How am I not as skinny as I was? Am I hallucinating?..." I stutter as I fully take in my body. My arms, legs and stomach have filled out slightly and the normal shade of my skin has returned instead of the grey complexion that was invading my skin tone.

"While you were out, Anna had nutrients and supplements pumped into your body so it would be able to survive. The loss of proper bodily needs was immense and now your state is nearly at what it should be." He replies and rubs my head tenderly which calms me down slightly.

"When did they say I would be healed fully?" I question and he continues to inform me on the recent activities.

"In around a week or two because of your amazingly advanced science, you'll be good soon. No training though for you, for around 3 weeks."

"3 weeks?!" I exclaim loudly and he chuckles but I growl lightly, annoyed.

"You're so weird, most people would love not having to train but you, no." He adds.

"Lucky you, your mate is so weird." I state playfully and he kisses my head lightly.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." He purrs into my ear, his teeth nipping my lobe and I sigh.

His hands move down to the hem of my shirt and make small patterns while his mouth assaults my jawline and neck. He swivels me round rapidly so that I'm now straddling him and he cups my cheeks and kisses me softly. The kiss progresses and soon we are fighting for dominance and our groans are becoming loudly and reflecting our needs.

My hands go to round his neck and I pull at his hair, the reaction of him opening his mouth allowing my tounge to roam his mouth and his groans eliciting heat to course through me.

He grabs my ass and stands up, my legs securely wrapping round his waist and my hands playing with his hair. I lie my head on his shoulder as he carries us through the house and once he gets to our room, he opens the door loudly and lustily lowers me onto the bed.

His eyes scour my clothes covered body and he huskily says, "I've waited for this for so long. I need this, you need this." And these are the last words before we devour each other, metaphorically and realistically.

We are now currently lying, panting next to each other. Our arms and legs entwined with the opaque sheet covering us. The sweat beading on our bodies while we smile up at each other.

"God I've missed that." Ash states and tenderly pecks my lips and I blush and rest my head on his chest.

The sound of the door opening causes both of us to sit upright and to listen for the sounds or scents of our visitors. I forget about the sheet until I smell Ash's arousal once more and I move my eyes to his and view that his silver beads are focused on my plump breasts.

The sound of bickering between Nick and Kira puts us at ease and we both lie back down and I snuggle into Ashton, not wanting to leave bed with him.

The sound of multiple footsteps bounding up the wooden stairs makes Ash tense and before they can even knock he growls out, "Downstairs, now." and I hear the chuckles from some of the men and the low "I told you so." and "stupid mutt."

We both get out of bed and dress into a baggy top and sweats. Ashton quickly nips to the office so I walk into the kitchen and greet the pack members.

"Back at it again already." Jackson sneakily states and I feel my face turn crimson with embarrassment.

"Give the girl a break, J." Kira backs me up and bounds over and enthusiastically wraps her arms round my fragile body. I return the hug and we stand there for a while, muttering under our breath to each other before untangling ourselves.

I turn my attention to Blake and we rush to one another, this separation taking a toll on each other as we've never been separated for this long since we've met. Unshed tears in his eyes now falling as I embrace him and his shoulders shake slightly from his crying. I look upto his face and wipe away his tears and he nods down at me.

I swiftly hug Nick, Jackson and even Theo opens his arms for a hug and I appreciate the gesture. I feel Ashton's eyes on me but he knows I need this and to not interfere in these innocent actions.

We spend the rest of the day chatting and catching up on missed time. The evening mirroring the one that I left on.

I slowly glance up at Ashton and see his smiling form and his eyes then move down to mine and I beam up at him and then continue to look around the room. Everyone smiling and laughing, our lives in the present, free from threat and fear.

******************

Hello,

How are my babies doing?

Did you like this? My ideas for this book are sinking a little - How do the chapters seem?

Keep reading, commenting, voting, sharing and following me xoxo

-LMRBXOX