Chapter 38

adella pov -

I stagger back from Russell's now approaching body. My legs moving as fast as they can to get away from this predator. To which I'm now the prey.

He growls at my obvious movements to get out of his touch and reach. He finally grabs my wrist with his silver covered hands and I cringe into his touch. My body turning at an awkward angle to get out of his hold but also to not cause myself more pain.

He drags me to the bed and pulls me down onto it. My top falling above my underwear whilst my curly bangs fall around my eyes and face. He climbs atop of me and his arms are placed beside my head and I get a feeling of deja vu. Although the time I'm thinking of was with Ashton and I'm repulsed by the idea of doing 'that' with Russell.

His hands grope my body while I stay completely still, not knowing whether he has a weapon stashed somewhere on his body. He continues to feel me up while I don't reply in any sort.

He then abruptly shakes his head in frustration and angrily states, "Do something. Anything. Why are you not responding?"

I laugh with no emotion and reply, "Because you repulse me. I have a mate and you are not that person."

He scoffs and gets off me, not before lingering his hand on my exposed upper thigh. He regains his clothes and belongings and darkly states, "You'll have wished you'd done this simple deed with me."

With that he leaves but not before slamming the door, like a child with a temper. Once I hear nobody lingering outside the door I rummage into my pillow cases. My new found hiding place and retrieve the letter from Ashton.

I desperately but carefully open it, excited but worried of the content. My eyes swiftly scan the writing and a smile forms on my lips while tears form in my eyes, causing my sight to become blurry.

Dear Adella,

I miss you a colossal amount, one that's speechless. I can't wait to get you back into my arms, to have you sighing contently, to have my fingers running through your silk like hair, for our dancing and singing sessions.

Without you I can't cope and I love you so much. When I get you back, I know that I will never let you out my sight. Even though I know you will get angry with that but I'd prefer you angry to not with me at all.

I understand the choice you made but I wish you'd put me in front of you, I feel so guilty and that's why I'm coming for you. In 5 days and you must know this if you're reading this.

I love you to infinity and I'll see you soon.

Hang in there love x

Your dearest,

Ashton x

I quickly wipe the stray tears that are currently running down my cheeks and hurriedly place the letter back in its envelop and hide it. I then lie on my bed and look up at the ceiling, my mind replaying his words.

I chuckle at how he knows I'll get angry at his proctectiveness but I overlook that and love his intent. As my mind replays his letter, I gradually get more tired. My eyes get heavier and soon enough I fall into a deep and needed slumber.

The sound of the bolts and shouts wakes me. The door to my cell rapidly swinging open while men file into the room, all armed with guns and weapons. My eyebrows scrunch together as I try to understand what is happening.

At first I thought it was Ashton, with the startling and battle like cries but now I've realised it's not. And I was a bit confused as the letter mentions five days and I definitely haven't slept that long.

Abruptly the light to the room is switched on and my hand automatically moves to shield my poor eyes from the sudden change in light. While I do this, two men grab my upper arms and without a care in the world, drag me off the bed. My knees dropping onto the steel, cold ground first. The immense pain roaring and spreading through my knees, my groans of pain not affecting them.

I'm pulled along the ground, my knees and legs now numb from pain due to the pressure of being dropped on them and the men stamping on my lower legs. My eyes closed from lack of energy.

I don't know how long we're travelling for but I'm finally dumped in a very, very cold room. I open my eyes to see what's happening and start to crawl away but am prohibited by the cold, hard guns pressed to my back from the soldiers.

The room is very small and cold, in the middle is a cage that's also very small. I've heard of this kind of torture and know that many die from it, not having the energy to survive the harsh conditions.

I expect them to drag me to the cage but instead I'm chained to the wall and my clothes are stripped of me. My bare state being indulged by the men standing round me, most of them coming up and touching me. Despite my cries of disgust and movements to get away from their touch, their fingers almost burning me when coming into contact with my skin. The rejection as I've mated with my mate.

Hours fly by as I'm tossed about between many men, them all doing as they please but Russell never touching me. My body covered in bruises due to the rough way I've been treated, my inner thighs covered in deep red, warm blood. My arm twisted at an awkward angle from being twisted from my struggling.

The man in front of me releases me from the chains, my body falls to the ground with a thud and I moan in pain. My legs, arms, face and whole body hurting.

I'm dragged to the cage and shoved inside, my body bouncing off the constraining metal poles. The bars covered in silver causing my body to turn and automatically try to move away but I don't have enough energy to move fully away.

My body slumped in the middle with open wounds covering my body along with my fresh blood pooling round me. Due to the smallness of the cage, my body always touching a certain part of the cage which makes me always to feel pain.

My eyes close shut fully once I've been left alone by the vulture like men. My body craving warmth and Ashton but not able to have either.

I try to fall asleep for what seems like ages but the coldness of the room and the strong pain of my body disabling me from doing so. I lie there with my body placed at an awkward angle with it also pressing against the hard floor - causing my body to shiver uncontrollably.

Finally I feel myself dozing off and I smile, myself thinking of the good times Ashton and I had. From childhood and recent times. I fall into a slumber, not knowing whether I'll ever wake up again.

*********************

Hellooo,

Hope you liked that chapter.

IMPORTANT NOTE ------

My book is also on Avalon Novel, this is able to be purchased (for free) on Google Store, Apple Store or by website. I will be posting chapters on there more regularly than here.

If you want to get the chapters a week before here then sign up, for free, on there and read there. This app is drastically helping my writing career and would really appreciate if you helped me through this.

The next chapter for this book will be published on WEDNESDAY here but on Avalon Novel on MONDAY.

Keep reading, commenting, voting, sharing and following me xoxo

*edited.

-LMRBXOX