Chapter 22

This is Blake's mate - Elle, e.g. Hailee Steinfeld.

Enjoy the chapter my lovelies xox

adella pov -

My eyes widen and my mouth parts slightly - no sounds coming out as I'm speechless, my reaction to the surprising statement.

Blake had always told me that he doesn't have a mate, now that I think that could've meant as his is dead which is heart breaking as we're only late twenties, we have the rest of our lives ahead of us.

I feel Ashton's burning gaze on me, he then moves and fixates it between Blake and Ben.

Ben looks into the distance, his face solemn, his eyes showing misery - showing his upset.

My heart goes out to Blake for losing his mate at such a young age, when I heard 'was' I assumed the worst.

I can't even imagine losing Ashton, I know we haven't known each other long in terms on mates but still the feeling of being with one another, the sparks, the sensational touches and kisses, the feel of their presence in your mind - everything.

The thought of losing him makes me want to be sick, cry, scream out - I'm worried with the danger from Russell that something could happen to Ashton and that makes me fret.

I look back into Blake's eyes, for the first time since he told us the important information, he carries on speaking, "Ben and I were really close, I know you two noticed that we knew each other from our encounter.

The incident happened a while ago, we were 22, so six years ago. We had found each other by accident when we were 18, I was visiting another small town and there she was. We immediately clicked, our humans and wolf sides - after 2 months of constant dates, we moved into our own little cottage together.

She had brown hair, brown eyes, tan skin, around 5'4, very beautiful.

It was perfect, our own home, my delicate, little mate always in my arms - everything was right. Ben and I were best friends, everything was right and good.

Then when she was 22, she accidentally got pregnant - we forgot protection once but that didn't matter, we were both fine with having a child together.

We had everything prepared, the room, all sorted until one day I was out for the morning - to buy some bits from the store around a 5 minute drive away. Our home was situated on my pack borders, it gave us our own space.

In the car I felt an intense pain in my chest and instantly realised it was her, Elle, she was in trouble. I rushed back home, like a mad man, I find my home ransacked - Elle is tied up to the wall of our lounge and the room is full with full, grown human hunters.

Once I arrive, I must've taken down about five men until I was injected with silver, just like my mate, her face was red from tears. She was constantly shaking her head and mouthing, 'the baby is gone' as she was injected with silver and would've killed the fetus.

I was then injected with more silver as because of my rage I was stronger, they sat me down and they made me watch as they groped my mate, while we both protested, I watched as they tore off her clothes til she was bare - her inside thighs lightly covered with some blood from the lost child.

Their filthy hands roamed her body, she struggled but they didn't care, they then all entered her - one at a time, making sure to have their fun.

They did all sorts, all while laughing - as if it was amusing. Her body by the end was slumped against the wall - totally drained of energy, the first few men she fought but then by the end her soulless eyes just bore into mine; her body moving with the rhythm of them, no fight left in her.