Chapter 32

This is Russell.

adella pov -

I excuse myself from the table and walk subtly into the bathroom wiping the stray tears from my eyes. I feel a presence behind me and I look, expecting to see Ash but instead standing there is Ben.

I look at him questioningly and he walks closer, his arms extended allowing me to be embraced by his arms. I lean into him and let the tears fall, knowing he'll understand my upset.

"I'm guessing today's the day?" He whispers sadly and I nod into his shirt, his tall build encompassing me. This gesture symbolizing friendship rather than sexual activity.

"When Ashton asks you, which he will as I've written a letter for him and it mentions you. Please tell him everything but don't allow him to be mad at you, use me as a defence. It's happening tonight." I say to him, taking my head out of his chest. He nods respectfully and then I remove myself from him and face the mirror.

My mascara slightly dripping down my face and my nose a little red from sniffing, I pull open the drawers and take out my wipes and foundation and apply the appropriate things to make me look like I did again. Not wanting to raise anyone's suspicions.

Once I'm finished Ben and I leave, after myself having given him a slip of paper containing the address that Russell gave me. We find an Ashton who is looking round the kitchen, most likely for me and his eyes narrow when he spots me accompanied by Ben.

"What are you doing together?" Ashton asks while he roughly pulls me beside his side, trying to express his power. Ben, someone who has the calmest state and doesn't show any emotion to this pressure. I know he doesn't have feelings for me so I don't take notice of this, knowing it's an act of kindness.

The evening proceeds, the food now cleared and all of us gathered inside with the music playing. Everyone up and dancing, the couple's dancing against or with the other partner.

I look at the clock and see it's nearing 7pm and I decide it's best to take my leave. I pull Ashton aside and say, "I just need to nip to the Social, I've had a message from one of the girls there that wants to speak to me about something important, and only me. I'll just be a little while, okay my darling?"

He groans and moves closer to me, so my back is against the wall and my chest against his. His face immediately goes to my neck and he gently kisses there, my dungaree not covering much skin on my collarbone. I then grab his face and look into his eyes - wanting to cherish this time.

"I love you so much, you're the best thing that's ever happened to me." I say and kiss him, my lips releasing all the love I feel for him. His lips moving with mine and we then gasp for breath, after the intense makeout.

"I love you too, I can't even explain it in words. Is everything okay?" He looks at me and I quickly try to cover up any suspicious movements and I then laugh, "Of course, just wanted to tell you that."

He then releases me and gives me a final kiss on the forehead, I then go into the living room where everyone is situated and say my goodbyes.

Everyone giving me a joyous hug and goodbye, as if they'll see me in twenty minutes but I full well know that isn't the case. Ben looks at me with pitiful eyes but nods at me when I leave, also when hugging me he very quietly whispers "Good luck there, we'll try our best to get you back."

When I walk out the house I fight tears, I then walk to the Social but carry on into the woods. I'm sure exactly of where Russell wants me, past my pack and town. He made that clear with the photo he attached to one of the letters, on the back he had an address and that's where I'm heading.

Once I'm at where I dumped my duffle bag, I rummage around in it and double check that all my belongings are in there. Once they are I strip and gently fold my clothes in the bushes, then I change and grab the bag straps in my mouth and start to run.

I run for miles, the sky changing colour as I do so. Sometimes feeling Ashton's wolf in my mind which is where I speed up and block him even more than I thought was possible. I discreetly run into the abandoned town, wow he thought this out well. No spectators to watch as he tortures me, very nice of him.

I run in the shadows still, despite knowing that there will be nobody here to wonder why there is an extra large dog roaming the streets which a bag in it's mouth. Once I get to the place, I look around and go to the side - seeing nobody. I shift inconspiciously and put on my black training pants along with my black boots, white sports bra and one of Ashton's tops, almost like he's still with me.

I walk in with my head held high, not wanting them to believe that I'm weak or that they've broken me. I see the devil's reincarnation, aka Russell. His hair now graying slightly but still taken care of, his face holding a smirk that I want to wipe off with my claws.

I walk upto him, so I'm around fifteen yards away and he looks me up and down and nods, almost in approval.

"Wow my dear, you are stunning. Even more so than the last time I saw you." He smugly states while walking towards me. I hold my ground and wait til he comes closer. When he's now positioned us, so that we are chest to chest he leans in and sniffs my scent. To which he recoils with his nose scrunched up and I smile, liking that he doesn't like that I'm mated with Ashton.

I grab his neck, my hands tightening round them as I growl in his face. My claws extended and pressing into his neck, the smell of blood coming into the air. Soon enough we're surrounded by men who are pointing guns at me.

I let him go and he gasps for air, while I put my hands up in surrender although I knew they were here the whole time. The perks of Alpha hearing, for me to be able to hear more than one heartbeat and breath intake along with the fact that he would never enter the beasts den without backup.

Two men then come behind me and drag me outside to a car, to which I don't struggle or comply. Simply not having the effort to fight back, especially in this outnumbered circumstance. Then one of them abruptly punches me in the face and before I can react, a serum is injected into my neck.

I try to attack the man but my movements are lazy and unfocused, my hands just searching for nothing in front of me. My sight gradually growing darker and more blurred; I whisper "bastards" before I'm taken unwillingly by the everlasting darkness.

********************

Hello,

So first proper meeting with Russell for you guys :)

I might not be posting much soon as I've just had five members of my family pass away.

Keep reading, commenting, voting, sharing and following me xoxo

*edited.

-LMRBXOX