Chapter 28

This is the Hospital on Adella's pack lands.

adella pov -

I'm awoken from my slumber with the tightening and loosening of the grip on me, also the sounds surrounding me making me wonder what's happening.

Once I'm fully awake, my ears tune into what's happening and I listen. I use a technique that I was taught years ago to keep my state seemingly asleep even though you're fully awake. I could tell that none of the uninvited guests realised but Ashton did and that's why his grip loosened discreetly on me, so it could allow me to move.

"We work for someone who wants her." Someone says and it makes me ponder slightly, Russell? He already sent that letter today so I doubt he'd send these men out but I couldn't think of who else would be out for my blood.

Soon enough I hear footsteps approaching where Ashton and I are situated and I leap into the air, while partially growing my claws and dig them into the chest of a man.

He immediately falls to the ground and I inwardly smile, god I seem weird. I carry on my attack, my wolf livid at the fact that someone is out to hurt me and Ashton. I watch as my wolf elegantly and dangerously kills the men and wolves, our body gaining a few scratches and tears but nothing as bad as what we've done.

Within minutes the floor is littered with dead bodies of men and wolves, my body and shirt covered in a small amount of my blood but mostly theirs. I see that Ashton has also finished off his share and is now walking towards me.

I walk towards the man who is casually leaning against the tree, who has watched the commotion that just took place. His hands crossed over as if what just happened didn't matter.

I start to fight him, my Alpha power diminishing him. I give blows to his face, neck, stomach, anywhere I can until I hear a growl.

I turn around to see a gun pointed in my direction and Ashton in a poised stance, ready to pounce on the gun carrier.

"Now now wolfy step aside and if you take another step towards your mate, I will shoot her." He instantly moves aside but growls very lowly, I keep my heart rate the same but inside I'm worried.

I know as an Alpha I should be prepared but this could kill myself and my mate, it's very risky to know what to do. I stay stood still, he makes his way towards me and his fingers trace and rub up my arms.

I try not to shudder, not wanting to rattle the beast, he gains closer to me. His foul breath fanning over my face while his body nearly presses against mine, the mate pull making me find this man repulsive.

I hear Ashton's voice in my head, he tells me what his plan is. Almost like an assassin, my mate silently makes his way towards us.

The man with the gun too fixated on me to realise, once he does it's too late. Ashton's wolf is in mid air and his form looking extremely menacing. His sharp canines covered in dry blood but still emphasising their sheer size.

The man with the gun then lifts his gun once again and shoots, the sound of the shot echoing through the forestry and all the forest animals hurry away from the crime scene.

I find myself in no pain, until I see Ashton. My heart breaks at the sight of him, his now human form lying on the floor. The bullet wound creating a deep, red wound on his right shoulder; the blood rapidly spreading round his chest.

My wolf grows our claws again for us and we, with perfect precision, rip out the two men's throats. Once they drop dead to the ground, knowing there's no threat left I sprint over to Ashton's side. I kneel down next to him and swiftly take off my shirt while tying it round his shoulder. When I tighten the pressure, he makes a sharp intake of breath where I lowly apologise.