Chapter 7

adella pov -

After the meal, as it's now around 11 and everyone is shattered from the busy day - we all separately head off to bed.

My bedroom isolated in the left of my house, the closest bedroom is coincidentally Ashton's.

The Alphas prefer to be located to each other as if anything did break out they would be able to deal with it together - the most strength. His room is one door down, we both bid our farewells awkwardly, not knowing what to do and then decide leave it at that.

I get myself sorted for bed, deciding to wear an emerald satin gown tonight. I walk to the bathroom looking at my appearance - my naturally curly, long white hair falling round my face. My pale skin tone agreeing with my light blue eyes, my lips a natural shade of dark red.

My white hair is a feature that people always find unique, I personally love it. My fur in my wolf form is the same colour, I blend in with the snow - makes me feel at home.

I finally get into bed, sleep avoiding me. I toss and turn for ages, I huff annoyed that I can't get to sleep.

I know it's because my mate is next door and our wolves are both restless and want to be with each other.

After a while of tossing and turning I get up and find some work and do that, knowing that I'll be occupated for a while with this new pack here.

I do the work for hours and my eyes finally start to drop, I look over at my clock and I'm shocked that it's already 2am.

I move all the sheets off my bed and also realise that I've done a hefty amount of work. My eyes drop permanently and I find myself falling asleep.

I wake abruptly, my hair matted to my head with sweat, my hands tightly clinging to the bedsheet, my breathing shallow but coming out in fast, harsh pants.

A small sob comes out of my mouth before I can stop it. I walk out to my balcony, hoping the fresh air can calm me down. I sit down on my couch and enjoy the cold breeze hitting my hot, sweaty body.

My mind focused on the nightmare again, this prohibits me realising that I have company.

The figure comes out of the shadows and stalks towards me, once he reaches the couch he sits down beside me - not leaving any room.

His eyes a dark shade of silver, showing that his wolf is nearly out. His eyes focused on my body, I look down to see my gown clinging to me from sweat - all the parts of my body emphasised by that.

I sigh and rest my head on his bare shoulder - not caring about my state, his arm snaking round my waist. My eyes focused on the forest around us, his eyes also focused on the forest.

"It's beautiful up here isn't it?" He says gently.

"Yes I love it. I never want to leave, it's my safe haven." I reply genuinely.

"Are you okay? What happened?" He then looks at me. I look back up into his eyes, wanting to tell him everything.

"It's just a nightmare I have every night, nothing to worry about. Just a reminder of my past." I reply, breaking eye contact; looking back into the forest longingly.

"Do you fancy going for a run?" I ask before he can question me about anything else.

"Erm yes sure." He replies, stuttering a little obviously not expecting me to ask that.

Before he can say anything else I jump off the two storey balcony and land easily on my feet - something coming from the familiarity of me doing this.

I slowly run into the forest and shift into my wolf - without breaking my run, I then look back at the house to see Ashton also running my way in his human state - around 10 yards back from me.

I carry on running leisurely knowing he will speed up to me, he slowly jogs into my peripheral vision - now he is in his wolf.

When we were younger I never got to see his wolf form but it's exquisite, his fur is the same shade colour as his silver eyes; he has small streaks of black on his back and paws - very unique.

We run for a long time, both taking in the beautiful scenery, although I live here the charm of the forest never lessens. Ashton also seems to be in awe of the prettiness of his surroundings.

After a while of running and relaxing in the open nature we head back and go our separate ways to get ready for the busy day ahead.

I head to my room and hop into the shower, cherishing the feel of the warm water on my body. My stiff muscles relaxing, my hair matting to my head, my fingers gradually wrinkling showing me that I should get out soon.

Once I get out I put on a black full length jumpsuit with nude heels, having a professional attire for today. I let my hair naturally fall and also do some natural makeup - I'm finished.

The smell of freshly cooked breakfast wafts through the house and allures me to the kitchen. I see most of the other pack members down there, including Jackson and some of mine, including Blake and James.

I greet all the men and gather myself a plate of food consisting of fruit and some pancakes with maple syrup and bananas. A lush breakfast if I do say so myself ;).

I smell him before I see him, I turn around and meet his gaze as he stands at the entrance of the open plan kitchen diner. I take in his appearance, his black hair messily arranged, his white shirt fitting his body and rolled up on the arms showing off his muscular arms. His black ripped jeans fitting him well and all finally complimented with a pair of white Guccis.

I look back to his eyes to see him also checking me out, this makes me blush slightly and give him a small smile before turning back round to finish my breakfast.

Ashton walks over and grabs his own breakfast and sits next to me, we don't say or look at each other much just finish our breakfasts.

Once I finish my breakfast I make a small speech telling people what they will be doing today, "Blake and James please may you take these gents on a tour of our lands and be back for around 2pm so we can have a pack late lunch.

Ashton and I will be talking about arrangements all day, if anything happens don't hesitate to contact either of us. Anyways, hope you enjoy our pack guys."

With that done, I walk out and go in the direction of my office with Ashton following.

*****
Hey guys x

Hope you're enjoying, comment!

FOLLOW ME PLEASE X

*edited

-LMR XOX