Chapter 49

adella pov -

3 years later

"Fraser, get back here right this instant." I order angrily.

The boy's floppy, black hair shakes as he runs away from me. He uses his short legs to run, cutely, away from my state. I huff angrily, at the small boy, and pull at my braided hair, once more.

"Fraser!" I screech, after my patience has run out, and he stops mid bound. He turns round with his eyes wide, a big smile playing on his small, pink lips.

The door, suddenly, flies open and my male saunters through, with Sammy, at his side. His similar black hair falling to his forehead, his eyes flit knowingly between Fraser and I.

"Everything alright?" Ashton asks, with a smirk on his lips, full well knowing what the problem is. He walks towards me and places a soft kiss on my forehead, before walking to his son's side.

"Sort your son out." I sigh and walk away, leaving Ashton to deal with Fraser; he's definitely a daddy's boy.

Sammy bounding over to my legs and walking at my side, his body rubbing against my legs.

I take my seat on the curved couch and Sammy jumps up as well; his brown, German shepherd, snout lies on my thigh as I close my eyes.

My hands consciously move to my plump, nearly popping stomach and imagine the looks of the other devil in my stomach.

I hope it's a girl. I think, not being able to deal with another boy running round this household, three is more than enough.

Sammy's snout runs along my thigh as he paws at my legs, his big brown eyes looking at me.

"Hmmm, you okay baby?" I ask while rubbing his blondey brown fur.

He barks lowly before returning his head to my thigh, his ears parking up as Ashton enters the room.

"I thought those endearments were only used on me." Ashton whispers as his arm slings round my shoulder, the seat lowers due to his weight.

Unconsciously forcing me to fall to his side.

"Sharing is caring, honey." I say, while pecking his cheek, my hand entwining with his.

Fraser emerges through the door, his head facing the floor. His sniffles sounding through the air.

"I'm sowwy mommy." He states, his voice sad.

"Aw baby it's fine." I reply and take him in my arms, smothering his face in kisses - much to his disgust.

"I'm taking Fraser to his mates for the evening, are you going to be okay here? I'll only be about 20 minutes." He states, while ushering Fraser to get his coat from the front door.

"Yes I'll be fine hunny, I'm due in 2 weeks not tomorrow." I reply, dismissively waving my hand.

"Okay." He replies and passionately pecks my lips, not before giving me a worried look over.

He stands and exits the door, fussing about with Fraser's belongings before leaving the house.

I sit there, in silence, rubbing Sammy's fur before I feel the intense, sharp pains in my stomach.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me." I sarcastically state, life can be a bitch.

I stand up carefully, my hand clutching the couch as I manoeuvre my way round the living room.

I walk down the hallway, my hands clinging to the wallpaper to steady my trembling body.

I scream, the pain increasing and Sammy whines loudly at my feet. His snout against the back of my legs, pushing me along gingerly.

I reach the front door, after immense pain and I stumble with the handle. Once the door is open, the fresh winter breeze meets my sensitive skin, I shiver instantly.

I stumble over the gravel and fall to the ground, my hands shielding the baby inside my stomach. Sammy sniffs up and down my side, before lifting his head and howling.

The sound reverberating through the sky, sending birds flying from the trees. My long distance hearing picking up the immediate pounding of feet and paws, heading to his direction.

I lie there, groaning and panting before I hear the crunch of gravel.

"Adella, Luna." A warrior frantically says as he lifts my body from the ground. The cold prickling my skin, with every move.

His arms wrap round my torso and my thighs as he carries me. He clutches my hand, as I continue to scream in agony.

"Let it happen Luna, you can do this again." He says with worry etched into his face, I give him a meek nod before the pain soars through me again.

I clutch tightly onto the man's top as we near the Hospital, I see my mate standing at the door, and visibly relax.

As soon as he sees us, he runs to my side. He swiftly takes me into his arms, and thanks the man, who nods and wishes me well.

He sprints into the Hospital, and winds through the maze like hallway until we reach a fully prepared surgery room, full of doctors and nurses.

I'm laid onto the bed, Ash sits on a chair beside me, rubbing patterns into my hand.

"I'm sorry Luna, but you've got to push now." One of the widewives say.

The pain roars through my body and I push, with all my might, for this child to relieve me of my pain.

An ear shrilling scream leaves my mouth as the final push happens.

I await the sound of the new born baby but it doesn't greet my ears, I look expectantly at the nurses positioned at the end of the bed.

One of them clears their throat, Ashton growls immediately and asks, "What is it?"

My breath lodges itself into my throat as the nurses look into our expectant eyes, theirs filled with sorrow.

The one from before, clears her throat, and states, "I'm sorry Alpha and Luna, but it's a still born."

A sob instantly tears through my mouth as tears flood down my face, Ashton looks into my eyes with sorrow. Tears, also, running down his face.

He stands and sits on the side of the bed, he holds me as I hold him. We bury our faces into each other's necks as we cry, our pain felt in the room.

The nurses clean up the bed and minutes later, they enter the room with the baby wrapped in a cotton blanket. I take it into my arms and look at the small, chubby face.

"Oh baby girl." I whisper as I run my finger down her smooth, cold face.

I erupt into uncontrollable sobs, once more, and Ashton takes the child from my arms and hugs it gently.

The nurses, almost silently, exit the room. The male next to me cries silently as I sob into the already soaking pillow.

The End

***************

Hello everyone,

How was that ending?Xoxox