Chapter 42

adella pov -

My senses start to come around as I lethargically open my eyes, my lids feeling heavier than usual.

I furthermore try to wiggle my fingers, toes, all other parts of my body but I'm scarily shocked that I can't move. I now start to rock my whole body, my mental state slowly turning crazy while my body stays still.

I focus all my attention on moving my fingers and slowly I feel the familiar tingle emerging. I sigh in relief as my fingers bend up and down slowly. I then focus on my eyes, this task a lot more challenging.

After what feels like forever of foreign attempts to open my eyes. They do. The light bursts into my sensitive eyes and this causes me to wince but I don't close them.

I look around and view that I'm sitting slightly lifted on the bed, my position comfortable to allow me to move. I also see that my mate isn't sitting next to me like I was to him and this causes a damper on my mood.

I try to call out, to get attention from the passers but my mouth is as dry as the desert. My mouth moving but no words leaving.

After a while I hear my mate's laughter and I try to gain his attention by banging on the chair, the armrests slamming down onto the chair. This sound is answered by hurried footsteps and swiftly my mate enters the room.

His silver eyes carry bags underneath them, most likely from lack of sleep, his hair even more dishevelled than usual. My male scurries towards me and enveloped me in his arms, his head immediately finding my neck.

He looks at me and starts to speak but when he didn't receive an answer, he starts to panic. I lightly press on my throat and then he recognises my inner struggle of speaking.

He walks to the other side of the room and retrieves a bottle of water from the fridge. I pull my hand out to take the bottle from him but he declines my offer.

The cool water was soon brought to my lips and it ran smoothly down my calloused throat. My hands greedily move to move more down me but Ashton keeps a calm composure and feeds me appropriately.

Once the bottle was finished, he tosses it into the bin and turned to face me once more. His hand softly runs down my cheek and I smile lightly at his touch of affection.

"How are you feeling?" Ashton questions and I reply, "Not too bad, achy but nothing a bath can't heal."

He nods and moves me on the bed so I'm now lying slightly over him. My hair fanning the side of his face while his arms are wrapped round my midriff.

"I missed you so much, you don't understand the pain I felt when I saw you." He quietly mumbles into my ear and I try to reply, but my throat is clogged up with raw emotion.

"I love you so much." The male tenderly states and I nod into his neck. We lie there for hours, grateful of each other's presence.

After a while he lifts me up and carries me to the bathroom. He exits to get some appropriate clothes and I take this time to study my body. My eyes widen, moisture collecting in them from the atrocious state of my body.

My hair short and brittle from lack of bathing, my whole body covered in bruises or pink lines. My ribs protruding through my skin, my hip bones standing out. My skin even more pale than usual and my face sunken in.

A cry leaves my mouth and I crumple to the floor, I try to muffle it with my hands but it is still heard. My male comes rushing in and slides down next to me, his arms snaking round my waist in effort to comfort me.

"How can you still love me? Looking like this." I cry out, trying to escape his arms.

"No matter what you look like I'll always love you. We are bonded spiritually and physically, my love." He whispers, while also tightening his hold round me.