Chapter 45

This is Adella's car- mentioned later in Chapter xoxox

adella pov -

The next few days fly past as Ben and I prepare his 'mate quest' which has now turned into a bigger scale event.

Once I mentioned it to the pack at dinner the other night, all unmated males and females requested to join our 'expedition' so now there are many people going.

I've decided to do it in four shifts, all groups consisting of thirty members. We will travel by coach and request entry to every pack to look for mates.

It has been three days since the day with Ben and we have achieved much. Two days ago, I sent letters to all of the packs; informing them of our innocent travelling we will be doing.

We questioned everybody going and most have answered that if they find their mate, they will stay in our pack. The journey will take approximately three weeks to visit all the packs in North America.

The only negative is that Ashton's meetings with the Council have been extended. He was meant to return in two days but now it's in a week.

My thoughts are interrupted by the soft lull of my ringtone, I look at the caller and my face beams with joy.

"Hello?" Ashton questions.

"Hi honey." I giggle in return.

"Oh I'm missing you so much, how are you? How is everything?" He asks.

"All fine, for both questions. We're just getting the finishing touches ready for the first group of pack members for 'Mate Quest #1'."

"Great. I was thinking, that because of the fact I'm I'm North America now anyways that I can just meet you at one of the packs."

"That's amazing, great idea Ash. Which pack would you estimate it would be? From the map I sent you earlier?"

"Most likely, Rivener Pack. I can't wait to see you."

"Oh I'm missing you so much, my illness hasn't returned so that's good as well."

"I'm glad to hear that darling. Unfortunately I have to go now but I'll see you in around four days."

"I love you Ash. See you soon." With that, I end the call and send a mindlink immediately to Group 1.

Be ready to leave tomorrow everyone. If you've finished packing then the coach will be open this afternoon for cases at the main entrance.

In response I hear many: yes, I'm syked, I haven't packed yet, I need so many suitcases for three weeks, I need to go shopping, should I bring condoms?...

With that, I finish off my remaining paperwork and leave my office and return to my bedroom.

I whip out Ashton's suitcase, it's so big that I've always wondered why he needs it but now I'm thankful.

I hum along to 'American Boy' by Estelle as I start packing. Myself needing formal and informal clothes, not too bothered as I'm not trying to impress a newfound mate.

I also pack my sexy lingerie, for mine and Ashton's nights. Our bodies missing one another's desperately.

I look at my rimmed suitcase, I groan as I realise I won't be able to close it by myself.

Ben, are you free to come over for fifteen minutes? I mindlink and continue to try to close my case but I give up in the end. Knowing it's a lost cause.