Chapter 14

I'm sorry this song doesn't go with the chapter but I was listening to it while writing this and I absolutely love it, it's 'Womanizer' by good ol Britney Spears.

Who else likes this song? Comment here xoxox

adella pov -

I lead the four men to the prison and put them in a holding room, the guards at the door looking at the unknown men with harsh stares, making them know who is superior here. A tactic I like very much.

They seat themselves on one side of the table whilst Ashton and I are on the opposite side. They shift uneasily in their seats under our gaze, not knowing our thoughts - I mindlink Ashton, now even more thankful of our marking.

'What do you think we should do with them?' I say.

'Well they haven't tried to attack where they could have on many occasions and they've now seen a bit of your land, but not too much as your prison is far off to the main pack land.' He replies.

'Yeah I guess so, I don't want to make a big deal to the pack either though about these little visits from outsiders.' I reply, thinking about the welfare of my pack.

'We could allow them into the pack, we could do tests on them to ensure their loyalty as they said they wanted pack life.' Ashton suggests hesitantly as it's still officially my pack.

I look at him and then back to the men, they are still looking between Ashton and I's interaction, they know we have mindlinked as our eyes would've glazed over a little.

"We've come to a decision." I say in a professional voice, I then carry on and say, "You may stay in our pack but only after certain events."

"What do you mean by events?" One asks politely.

"We will test you on physical abilities, we will also test you on your mental - this will show your loyalty and honesty. Your physical side will show your strength and advantage to my pack or the threat if we find out you're lying. If you are we won't hesitate to put you in a cell, torture you and then kill you.

What do you think?" I inform them, making the message explicitly clear.

They whisper quickly between themselves for a couple minutes and the man that previously speaks, says "We accept your offer."

I nod my head and I look towards Ashton who is looking at the men with narrowed eyes, trying to intimidate the men - it's working.

"Right then, let's crack onto it straight away." I say and mindlink the main doctor and scientist to bring their kit to do the mental testing.

"Are you hungry or thirsty?" I enquire, inwardly slapping myself for being so rude.

They all nod their heads frantically, I then mindlink the chef to prepare some food for the men and Ashton and I.

Within a few minutes in come the doctor and scientist and the chef following with a big tray full of mouth watering foods.

The chef places the food on the table, Ashton and I pick off some and push the rest towards the men. They dig in as if they aren't going to see food again, which could be the case depending on how this testing goes.

While the men are eating and drinking the meal, I talk to my doctor and scientist informing them on what will be happening - they get their equipment ready rapidly and also give the four men a pair of sweats each.

Once the men finish their food we spread them out and get the kit ready and fitted onto each; the pack doctor speaks, "Right lads the procedure we will be doing is asking you certain questions and these machines will tell us your heartbeat and will show any emotion."

The men are now all linked up and awaiting for the questions from me.

"So are you here to kill or harm my pack in any way?" I ask, each of them then say "no" and no signs of lying is portrayed.

"Do you know who your master is, who he is working with or what his final goal is?" I question again, and again they all repeat "no" and no signs of betrayal are shown.

This process repeats with all my questions until I have none left, they are soon released from the machinery and once again we are left with just Ashton and I and the four men.

"So what are all of your names and do you have any preferences in pack life?" I generally ask, not knowing much about any of them.

"I'm Anton, I'm a scout or runner and I'm 24." One says on the far left, he's around 5"8 and quite a lean lad. His shoulder length brown hair messy and in need of a cut.

"I'm Rory and I'm a doctor and I'm 25." Another one says, he's around a similar height to Anton but with cropped, wispy brown hair.

"Ben, warrior,21." He says lowly, his black hair messily arranged on his head, a scar running down his left cheek. His height an intimidating about 6"1 complimenting his muscular build.

"I'm Paddy, I'm a dj or anything music related, I'm also 21." The final one says, his thick Irish accent mirroring his ginger, curly mop on top of his head. His face covered in red freckles and his height around 5"10 accentuating his toned body.

"Nice to meet you all, I'm Alpha Adella and this is my mate Alpha Ashton." I reply to them after shaking all their hands, also noticing the unusual feeling of Ben's hand, as if I know him but nothing jumps out at me.

I shake off the feeling as Ben doesn't make any movement to reflect my feelings as well.

"Wow you're not what I was expecting, outside of these mountains you're a myth. Interesting." Anton says, looking me up and down; at this Ashton growls not forgetting that I'm still only in a top.

"Okay so it's about 1pm, are you too tired to do a physical assessment or do you want to do it today to get it over with?" I ask, not wanting to pressure them into anything, knowing the trek to our pack lands from wherever they came from would definitely be at least a one day run.

"We'll do it today." Replies Rory.

As we are walking to the training area Ashton talks with Rory about his background and I find Anton walking towards me. He says, "Ben is quiet unless you know him very well and even then he is still quiet - it's not personal."

"Thanks Anton." I reply, mentally wondering where that scar came from.

"Call me Ant, Anton always sounds formal and I'm too chill for that." He responds and I laugh, liking his forwardness, knowing we will be good friends in the future.

When we get to the training area we are greeted with Blake and James waiting for us.

"Hello Blake and James, these are the four rogues from earlier." I tell those two already seeing their eyes assessing the men.

Blake's eyes widen at one member and I follow his eyes and see them intensely trained on Ben and likewise for Ben.

"Blake." Ben nods curtly.

"Benedict." Blake replies both of their voices emotionless and their faces showing no emotions but their eyes betraying them; pain, conflict and...happiness?

********

Hey everyone,

Two chapters in one day, yep!!

How do you think Blake and Ben know each other, comment here I'd like to know your ideas. Xox

Also do you think Ben and Adella knew each other before or what, again comment here. Xox

Keep reading, commenting, following, voting and sharing.

*edited

-LMRXOX