Chapter 37

adella pov -

Ben?

What the hell is he doing?!

He looks at me and nods. He then starts his own stretches while I'm still in shock at what he is doing.

Russell whistles and our fight begins. We both move about slowly, our feet padding the ground. My body feeling weirdly light, as if I'm barely touching the ground. I have my fists tightly clenched and held up in front of my face.

Ben's appearance mirrors mine except his footing is heavier than mine. He swings and misses, my instincts sharp and able to detect what he'll do.

We both swing at each other, sometimes hitting one another. The first blow I got to my face caused me to stumble a couple of yards back and the sting in my face was colossal. Usually these wouldn't hurt too much but because of my weak way.

I can see that Ben's movements and swings are lazy and openly letting me see what he's going to do. The cheers and boos of the crowd growing louder as time progresses.

Russell's men gradually closing in on us, most likely urging us to quicken up our fighting pace.

I can tell that Ben's intentions are that I let myself win, I'm just finding the right moment. We stumble and swing for a while until I seize the opportunity.

His hands drop slightly and his feet pad too lightly on the ground and I sweep my right leg in and catch his legs. His tall body falls to the ground instantly and unelegantly, I swiftly move on top of him.

"Wow, the fight has been going on for fifteen minutes and now it's really starting to get interesting." Russell inputs and I send a glare in his direction.

I turn my attention back to Ben and ponder on what I should do with him. I'm presently straddling him with my hands, with my claws grown, slightly pressing on his chest. Disabling him from moving as with one wrong move, my nails will impale his heart. Which I obviously won't do.

The hall immediately turns extremely quiet, you could almost hear a pin drop and I awaited some words from Russell.

Within seconds I hear Russell as I expected, "Are you submitting boy?" And in response Ben turns his head so that his neck is exposed. A sign of defeat and submission.

"So what do you want my dear, Adella?" Russell asks and I think of something good and that won't harm either of us.

"I want him banned from here, not to be allowed here again after this humiliating defeat. But not before a private chat." I say and look straight into Ben's eyes, as usual his void of any emotion.

"And why would you want to speak to him privately?" Russell replies angrily. I inwardly slap myself in the face for saying it like I did. Making it seem as if we had a secret.

"You know, to ask him why he thought he could defeat me." I respond, putting on my nonchalant and tough act. Russell then nods and pulls me up, off of Ben and he is dragged away by the guards.

Russell's tight grip on my waist as we walk off the stage causes me to grunt lightly, the silver on his fingers making my skin burn. My legs giving out on me in some parts of the walk, the cuts and bruises on my arms and legs starting to show up.

My neck and face already tender due to the impact of Ben's punches, which were hard. Him obviously needing to fight properly otherwise it would have seemed unusual.

I'm brought back to my room and Russell opens the door for me and I see Ben sitting on the floor, his nose dripping with blood and his arm twisted at an awkward angle, which definitely wasn't my doing.

Russell states a short and snap "ten minutes" before closing the door behind me and leaving. Myself waiting to hear the retreating footsteps before I hurry to Ben. I kneel in front of him and hurriedly get a piece of torn cloth from the floor and wipe away the blood flooding from his nose.

We sit there in silence as I tend to his new wounds, I finally finish with his facial injuries and move to his arm. His arm twisted and needing to be put back in the right way, I don't wait for his approval before I snap it back in the right direction. His loud grunt causing me to wince a little at his pain.

I see his eyes intaking my appearance and I sit there, not knowing what to do with my ashamed and embarassed self.

"Why are you blushing?" Ben asks and I peel my eyes away from his and reply, "Look at me. This is embarassing. I'm supposed to be an amazing Alpha and here I bathe like this, disgraceful."

His arms wrap round me and he pulls me in, I press my face against his hard chest and appreciate the act of kindness. Needing a feel of home, something to cherish. This act not one of lust but one of respect and love.

I hear rustling and I look at Ben's hand which is now holding an envelope addressed to me.

"It's from Ashton." Ben explains and I eagerly take it.

"How is he?" I ask dubiously.

"He's not good. He's dealing with the pack in a good way and with the help of the usual gang and is doing his best to find you, which obviously we have now done. But you can tell he's far from okay, he's getting worse everyday." Ben says sadly and my heart breaks at his words.

My wolf starts whining in my head and this makes me even sadder, I cling harder onto Ben's shirt. As if he was Ashton.

"I don't know how much longer I can take in here. I was here for four years before and now it's only been nearly four weeks. It's just the mate pull making it worse and more unbearable, I seem pathetic but it's wordless." I state and I feel Ben move under me. His hands cup my face and his eyes gaze into mine.

"Nobody in the pack thinks you're being pathetic, we know you're strong. In fact everyone is willing to go to war for the act that you did to spare us; a pure Alpha duty." He replies and I nod slightly, feeling a smaller bit better.

We both hear the clicks of the bolts on the other side of the door and scurry away from each other. Ben is laid against the wall like before and I'm standing in front of him in an intimidating stance. Like we had a conversation completely opposite to what we actually had.

Russell's stern face comes into view and his eyebrow rises at my stance compared to Ben's.

"You're leaving now and there will be no coming back." Russell says and with that two men enter and walk towards Ben.

I want so hard to reach out and attack them for harming my pack member, my inner wolf going into protective Alpha mode.

They roughly pull and shove him while I fight my wolf but not showing anyone the inner battle I'm having. My eyes follow the movement of Ben until he's out of hearing and visible range.

The guards outside close the door and I turn my attention back to Russell and gasp.

"Now's the time darling." He says, trying to be seductive. His eyes completely back along with his quickly changed, nearly bare state.

*************************

Helloooo,

Sorry for the long wait I've had a lot on. I have just been offered an amazing deal for my book! Woooo!

Keep reading, commenting, voting, sharing and following me xoxo

*edited.

-LMRBXOX