Chapter 40

Hello, just a quick note. I have also published my book on FICFUN and will also be updating that very regularly.

Please keep sharing my book as the reads are getting less and less, and I'm not sure if that's because it's getting worse... :(

adella pov -

My eyes aren't opening but I'm awake. I'm still lying on the cold, damp floor, the same as when I fell asleep, but the lock of the cage is now being opened. I continue to lie there, not having any care to show them that I'm awake as it won't differ what they have planned for me.

I feel cold hands wrapping round my ankles and dragging me harshly out the confined space, my hips banging off the bars. The sound of burning skin enveloping the air. Like yesterday, or whenever I went to sleep, they chain me to the wall and I keep my eyes closed and head down.

They whip me, the click of the slash as it mercilessly reigns down on me fills the air. My stomach caving in as the unforgiving weapon terrorises me. The men's faces all the same, grim but their eyes containing darkness. This process repeating itself, my stomach and chest now smothered in blood and it running down my body.

The damp, warm substance draining down me and slowly dripping onto the floor, my legs now striped with blood. My hair falling round my face, the colour yellowing from lack of showers. The once long, curly, healthy hair now short, hard and unhealthy.

The hair I once loved has now just been added onto the list of what Russell has stripped from me. Another box ticked for him, one crossed out for me.

The slashes keep on coming, my deafening screams tearing through the room. My cries sometimes causing the men to wince, this is then removed from my fierce growl coming through some of my calls for help. The animal side of me pushing through, my humanity slowly fading.

The whip now focusing it's terror on my legs and the tears start to fall. The blood not only running down my stomach, legs and feet but now also my chin. My teeth clamping onto my gum and lips so hard, to stop screaming, that blood is now also flooding out my mouth. The tears mingling with the blood and carrying its journey down my body.

"You had enough yet?" One man asks and I don't speak but gather the saliva and blood in my mouth and spit it at him. The wrenched mixture landing on his feet and his now angry eyes meet mine. I continue to look into his eyes, my Alpha blood never submitting.

The men chuckle and then loosen the chains and drag me to the cage and I groan in protest. My body screaming at me, the pain unbearable. The man I spat at, dragging me by the hair. My moans of agony sounding through the small room at that incessant torture I'm receiving.

Before he shoves me into the cage, he swiftly grabs a knife from his pocket and plunges it into my right leg, just above my knee. My body's scream at the new pain mirroring my spine-chilling howl.

He then opens the cage and places me on the floor, he punches me in the face abruptly and shoves me into the enclosure, to stop me from retaliating. They retreat from my room and leave me there to suffer.

Russell not allowing me to see Gareth so my wounds aren't healing and I'm receiving no aid in getting better. I shuffle round and try to find the gel that Gareth gave me, to speed up the healing process. I groan when I realise it's still in the other room and shout in frustration.

My anger overpowering the pain, I shout, wondering why this is happening to me, this sound echoing around the room. Bouncing off the grey, unforgiving walls and back to me.