Chapter 15

This photo is Adella and Anton in their wolf form.

adella pov -

After the unusual greeting between Ben and Blake we proceed to the training.

"Okay so you will be tested on speed, strength, tactical intelligence and scouting. There are four of you and four of us, so we will each take a station and we will assess you, then at the end rate you as such.

Your rating will tell us what position you should be placed within our armies, well except you Paddy but it still tells us how powerful you are." I conclude.

They all nod their heads and I carry on, "So I will be leading the speed, Ashton the strength, James the tactical intelligence and finally Blake the scouting."

I look at the men and they are standing opposite us, Anton then Rory then Paddy then Ben, I decide to go in that order.

"Okay lads so whoever you are facing, e.g. Anton you're facing me etcetera. Then you will go in clockwise order and we will meet back here after each session.

The sessions will be fifteen minutes each, Blake you run into the forest and leave scents and hide - you guys will have to find him. Ashton you take your person into the training stand along with James and you can separate from there by around 100 yards. Finally, I will be training in a different part of the forest and doing some running." I tell everyone and after this everybody splits up and head their own ways.

Anton and I walk towards the entrance of the forest, taking in the comfortable silence knowing that it will soon be broken by my company.

"So how long have you and Ashton been together?" Ant asks me. I reply, "Well as mates only a few days but we knew each other as children and then got seperated."

"Well if you hadn't of told us you were mates or there was a mark then all of us thought that you and your Beta, Blake, were mates." He says nonchalantly, I scoff and raise an eyebrow.

"What I'm being serious, have you seen the way Blake looks at you, that'll go away when he meets his mate don't worry." He replies, taking advantage of my silence.

"Well I don't have any feelings further than a best friend and Beta for him." I tell him, making sure he doesn't assume anything. We then walk the final couple of yards to the start of the forest in silence, this pleases me.

When we reach to the forest I turn towards Anton and explain what will be happening, "So we're going to shift and run deeper into the woods, then we're going to stop after a while and I'll run and you'll have to catch up."

He nods along with my words and I jog into the woods and shift mid run and turn to face him to see him doing the same, I wait for him - I look at his wolf form in approval. His dark brown fur mirroring his messy brown hair, his height also good but he is still on the lean side, making his body a good type for running.

I start off medium pace running through the woods and he's keeping up well, I then take this as a sign to speed up; we stay at a fast pace for a while until I decide I'm bored.

I sprint away, jumping over fallen logs and expertisely turning and dodging tall trees.

Soon enough I hear another pair of paws hitting the ground closely behind me, I quickly turn my head to see Ant's brown wolf in my peripheral vision.

We run for another while but then gradually come to a halt back near the place we started. I lie down where the forestry starts so my next 'pupil' can see me - I see Rory's buff build walking towards me.

This process repeats with all the men, I've had Anton, Rory and Paddy and Anton by far was the best runner - now I'm waiting for Ben who seems to be taking his time.

I'm currently sitting with my back against the tree in a long top, wanting my muscles to relax a little from wolf form; I hear a twig snap, I whip my head around me searching the forest even though I can smell Ben near I don't know his precise location.

He comes out from behind, only wearing sweats - his toned chest glistening with sweat and his hair matted to his head.

"So it's your last test now running, you wanna do it in wolf form or human?" I've asked this to all the men, not knowing which they prefer.

"Wolf." He says shortly.

I take off my top, my back now facing him and I hear him inhale sharply. I quickly turn around my long, white locks thankfully covering my breasts and my top being held about waist area - as I said before wolves aren't concious about their bare bodies.

"What?" I ask sharply, very sensitive about what he'll ask me. His eyes are still wide, his mouth partly agape showing his shock.

"Your scars-" He says before I interrupt him, "Yes everyone has a few, now let's just forget about it."

He moves closer to me, he's now standing behind me, his hand hesitantly touching my scarred skin. His fingers trace the marks, starting at my shoulder blades then gradually down to the end of my back.

His fingers linger longer on the scar on my left shoulder blade, it's a unique and precise mark as the gang decided anyone they had under their hold would bear their mark.

It's the infinity sign with a sword going through the middle all within a band encased with thorns - I wish I could remove it and I guess that was their wishes.

I turn to face Ben and look anywhere but his eyes, embarassed at my past - it shows weakness.

To my surprise Ben gently grabs my hands and turns himself round so now I'm facing his back.

"Look." He says in a gentle voice and I raise my eyes slowly and mirror Ben's gasp with my own.

His back is covered in pink marks, like mine, travelling similarly from the blades to the bottom of the back. I trace my fingers over his and then my eyes look to his left shoulder blade and I take a step back, my mouth widen open.

He turns around, his eyes searching mine for a reaction and I say quietly, "You were there as well..."

**************
Hey guys,

Did you like this? Were you expecting it? Comment here if you did because I don't wanna be cliche.

Keep reading, commenting, following, voting and sharing!Xox

*edited

-LMRXOX