Chapter 21

This is part of Adella's garden, cool right? Hope you like this chapter - has a big reveal in it!!

Do any of you play any sports? I want to get to know some of my readers better :))

I play hockey and cricket, I Irish Dance but not competitively; what about you guys?Xoxo

adella pov -

Our day goes by extremely quickly as our minds are focused on important matters; mine sorting decisions for the pack while Ashton is targeting his attention on his.

Soon enough it's 4pm and I start to prep dinner, needing a bit of time to myself, after the busy day of making sure all the houses were on track - the builders knew what to built as we have house descriptions.

For example, a 'standard house' consists of four bedrooms, one bunker, open living kitchen area, three bathrooms, a snug etc. So whatever I ask the construction men for they will already have plans and prep for, no need for delay.

My pack is very well organised and we have drilled routines, so everyone most of the time understand what to do.

Today, as I have around 100 building men, they had split into four groups, 25 in each, and sufficiently started four properties. After I visited the training centre and spoke to the warriors about the mission they are leaving for soon, I then went into the town and picked up masses of groceries for the new arrivals, also picked up some deliveries of equipment.

Usually people would do those jobs for me but my mind needed to be distracted, I also sorted some paperwork - I got lots done.

Currently I'm starting to make dinner for Ashton and I, spaghetti carbonara - absolutely delicious.

I make the dinner as I'm listening to some throwback music like; Replay, Ridin Solo, American Boy etc. Those songs were so much better than the ones nowadays, don't you think?

I finish preparing dinner and plate it up and serve it to the empty table, I frown; I look up at the clock and see 5pm - I told Ashton that we would have dinner at this time.

I quickly jog up the stairs and open the office door, where Ashton has been cooped up all day - making various phone calls, writing letters, trying to make sense of any of these threatening letters.

I see Ashton hunched over the paperwork, his hand rubbing across his temple, his hair very messy, his shirt rolled up to his elbows.

"Ashton, dinner is ready." I say softly, knowing he's tense . He nods stiffly without looking at me, his narrowed eyes still attending to the letters. I walk over to him and massage his shoulders, I feel him relax under my touch and sigh.

I grab his hand and tug him out of the seat, he complies and follows me back to the kitchen where our mouth watering smelling food is waiting to be gobbled up.

He seats himself at the table and continues to look down at his food, I openly stare at him, full well knowing he can feel my gaze on him.

The sound of chewing and our cutlery on the bowls are the only sounds enveloping the room, I sit there waiting for him to say something, anything; even if it's a simple 'thanks' but no I only hear silence.

That's it.

"This moping around won't help anyone, I've been out today and spent my time very well while you've made a few phone calls, after you've just tried to interpret those letters.

We all know what it means, they're here to take me. Stop being in denial, now start being real." I say equally exasperated, from the past few stressful days.