Chapter 47

adella pov -

The days at Alpha Dylan's pack pass quickly. Two of our men having found their mates and will be driving back with them on their own.

The man that tested me at dinner, wasn't to be seen again around me.

At present, everyone is putting their belongings on the bus and I'm standing in front of the Alpha and Luna of this pack.

"Thank you for having us, and letting two of your females go. Hopefully, near in the future, you can come to our pack for a visit. You could stay with us, you and Ashton can speak, Dylan, as I understand he's been a bit distant lately." I offer and Anna nods her head enthusiastically.

"That would be lovely, and us girls can have some spa days." She replies and I let out a light laugh.

Anna hugs me and whispers, "See you soon and congratulations, by the way."

When I emerge my face, I look at her with furrowed brows and a confused look on my face. Her eyes widen, as if realising that I didn't know...didn't know what?

She pats her stomach subtly and realisation settles in. My thoughts are interrupted by Dylan's clear of his throat.

I realise that everyone around us were watching Anna and mine's unspoken conversation and heat spreads to my cheeks, as I meet Dylan's concerned gaze.

"Oh, urm, sorry Alpha Dylan. It was lovely to see you. Thank you." I say in a strong voice and I shake his forward hand, with a firm grasp. A smile tugs at his lips from the strength in me.

With that, we depart down the stone road and head to our next pack, the Rivener Pack, which is where Ashton will be meeting us.

The journey will only be two hours. Yet that doesn't seem enough. I'm trying to comprehend what Anna was insinuating.

That I'm pregnant.

I look down at my flat stomach and subtly bend my neck, so my head is near it. I cannot hear another heartbeat. I sniff slightly and I can't smell another scent.

My phone buzzes in my back pocket and I've received a text from an unknown number.

Hey it's me Anna, sorry to give you a fright. I thought you knew. The text reads.

No I didn't know. How can you tell? I reply.

There is a slight scent change, also I'm a midwife, so I can easily pick it up. Anna replies and I sigh in relief, so it was hard to pick it up. Good.

Will my mate be able to notice? I question.

I'm not sure, as if you couldn't smell it then probably not. Don't quote me though as I don't know how good his smell is.

With that last text from Anna, I lean my head back against the seat and wonder how I'm going to tell Ashton.

Is he going to be happy? Angry, that the protection didn't work.

Annoyed, because we're in an unusual position.

Then a new thought pops into my mind, is it even Ashton's baby?

My phone buzzes again and I look down to see Ashton's contact read on my screen. I hesitantly open my phone and read the unwanted text.

See you soon love. I've got some news for you! Love you x

My mind registers that text and I start to hyperventilate, from the fact that this baby inside me could be Russell's, or one of the other men that assaulted me.

If it is, then I can't keep it. To produce of them, no.

Ben rushes to my side, clinging my arms as my eyes flutter, trying to focus on one thing but unable to.

"Alpha? Are you okay?" He enquires, but his words are slow and his stressed face is the last object I see. Before I pass out.

"Urgghhh." I groan quietly at the pain in my head.

Despite that though, I open my eyes. My senses quickly come back and I view that I'm in a medical room. Thankfully, still in my own clothing.

The door suddenly opens to reveal a middle aged, brown haired woman.

"Oh, Alpha Adella, I didn't realise you were awake. I'll go and get your mate." She says, attempting to leave the door but I pause her.

"No stop please, can you come here and answer a question first?" I ask and she nods her head and walks my way.

"What is it Alpha?" She replies when she meets the side of my bed.

"Am I...pregnant?" I ask, with a pregnant pause in the middle of my question.

"I didn't check for it as you only hyperventilated but I can do." She responds as she quickly grabs some equipment from the cupboards.

She drags a scan, some gel and a chair over. She then plonks herself onto the chair and sets up the scan.

I lift my top for her and she rubs the gel along my flat stomach. My eyes are focused on the screen.

The screen that holds the image of a child in my womb.

My child.

I remain motionless as I continue to stare at the fetus in my body.

"Is there anything wrong with it?" I ask hesitantly as she continues to stare at it.

"No, it's just...this fetus, has grown substantially for the scent you're emitting. Let me take a blood sample and I'll be able to tell you how many weeks it is." She states as she hurries to get a needle.

I stare at the screen and my baby, not even registering the small prick from the needle as she inserts it into my body at the edge of my stomach.

She then exits the room, her white doctor's cape flying around her.

I sit there for a few minutes, when the doors open once more.

I look up, thinking I'll find the doctor emerging with the results but instead...Ashton.

He's standing there stock still, looking between my eyes, the gel on my stomach and the scanner beside me.

His eyes wide open.

**********

Oohhh, how do you think Ashton will react?

Did anybody suspect she'd be pregnant?

Keep reading, commenting, voting, sharing and following me xoxo

-LMRBXOX