World 3.4

Zion look around and saw Jackson talking to someone. He can only see his side but there's no doubt that the man was good looking. He chose a table near him.

Jackson instantly recognized Garvin and his wife upon seeing them and discreetly observed them.

"Where are going Hon?" Savannah asked, still smiling brightly.

"Comfort room."

When Jackson saw Garvin stand up and went to the restroom, he also stood up and followed him, and that's what Zion was expecting.

In the restroom, the two played the pretend game while observing each other's action.

[TOM, call my phone.]

When his phone rung, he swiftly answered his phone. After the call he placed the phone down and washed his hand. He walked outside and deliberately left his phone.

Jackson took the phone. He saw this as an opportunity to start a conversation with Garvin and get close to him.

"Excuse me, mister. You forgot your phone." Jackson said, pulling Garvin's shirt.

Zion, seeing as his plan succeeded, smirked on the inside.

"Thank you mister...?"

"Jackson Dean. My name is Jackson Dean."

"Garvin Sullivan," Zion introduced himself even though he knows that Jackson already knew his name. "Nice meeting you Mr. Dean," Zion accepted Jackson Dean's handshake and stared at his eyes but he didn't feel anything. He didn't feel excited and his heart didn't flutter.

[Is he your lover Host?]

[No.]

'Since he's not my lover, I don't care if he and the female lead would develop feelings. That's actually to my advantage because I replaced the soul of the male lead so it's impossible for me and the female lead to be together. If he's not my lover then who is it? Where are you? Come and find me already. I miss you so much.' Zion felt sad and disheartened but maintained his cool expression.

"Nice meeting you too Mr. Sullivan. Here's my calling card," Jackson offered.

"Here's my calling card as well. How about I treat you to dinner to express my gratitude?"

"I will never decline a free meal and a future connection to Antler Corporation." Jackson said pretending to be happy.

"Hahaha. Call me if you decided to use your free meal. I have to go, my wife is waiting for me."

"You're married?"

"Yes. Why are you so shocked?"

"Sorry, it's just that your still young so I didn't expect thay you would already be a married man," Jackson said, acting shocked.

"Things happened. I really have to go."

After the two went their separate ways, Zion went back to the office after dropping Savannah.

Days passed by, George Clemente started getting Zion familiarized with his businesses but Zion didn't want to get involved with the man's dirty businesses so he avoided it as much as he can.

He knows that George will start to doubt him soon but he just can't stomach those kind of businesses. That's why he doesn't want to get involved so he sped up his plan to take down their businesses by sending information to Elizabeth and Jackson.

Staying and interacting with both families, Zion was now 100% sure that George was the mastermind with the female lead's disappearance. He also witnessed the odd closeness between Garvin's mother and George. He decided to dig up further and found out that the two knew each other for a long time.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth and Jackson started taking down George's businesses and thanks to the informations they are receiving, it made it easier for them to locate his businesses.

"Who do you think is sending this information?" Elizabeth wanted to know the person providing them informations to thank him or her for helping them.

"Maybe someone who also has a grudge against George Clemente. That man has a lot of enemies."

"He or she really helped us a lot. It's also thanks to him/her that we were able to discover just how vast George's connections are. Not only politicians but also police officers and judges. Tsk."

The two knows that collecting pieces of evidence will not be enough after knowing that their enemy has their own people in the law enforcement and prosecution so they can't trust anybody.

Jackson checked his email after receiving a notification. "According to the information there's another shipment tomorrow at 1:00 am in city cargo docks."

"This people make me sick! Selling humans as if they're just goods. I didn't expect that they are not only involved in drugs but also in human trafficking. When I accidentally heard George Clemente and Garvin's mother about their drug business, I was mortified." Elizabeth shivered when she remembered that incident.

"I always suspected that man was involved in a shady business. He was the reason why my father lost our company. He worked at my father's company and he trusted him. It's already too late when my father found out that he has been embezzling money and selling information to our competitors."

"Don't worry. We'll take them down."

"What if your ex lover is also involved? What are you going to do about it?"

"Whether he's involved or not, he's already dead to me. Besides he really didn't love me. He lied to me, he told me that there was nothing going on between him and Savannah! But I saw pictures of them together in bed naked and she also told me that the two of them are planning to get married. She even showed me pictures of them together in bed naked." Elizabeth felt angry and disgusted as she recalled those obscene pictures. She can't believe that she let herself be fooled.

Hearing this, Jackson Dean felt angrier towards Garvin Sullivan. Since their 'accidental' meeting in the restroom, the two had been meeting often.

'If I didn't know his true colors I would be fooled by his acting. He's really a good actor. He's going to regret hurting Elizabeth.' Jackson promised himself.

The two have been spending time together that Jackson Dean started to fall in love with Elizabeth but since she was still hurt from her past relationship, he didn't confess yet. He believes that it was not the right time yet.

Meanwhile, Zion was watching the conversation between Jackson Dean and Elizabeth.

'So that's why he holds a grudge against George and that's the reason why she was eliminated by George. But I'm so disappointed with her.'

[Hmp! The female lead's feelings toward the male lead is so shallow. She didn't truly trust him to be deceived that easily!]

[What do you mean Host?]

[She could have at least asked Garvin and let him confirm if those pictures are real or not, but she instantly made her conclusion. She could have at least sense Savannah's true feelings toward Garvin. She also knew that his parents are against their relationship, yet she easily believed their lies. She didn't even suspect their schemes. Deep inside she was always jealous with Garvin and Savannah's closeness, that's why she believed her easily. Love is built upon trust TOM, if you don't trust someone in a relationship, that relationship is bound to be broken by time.]

[Wow Host. You're really a genius!]

[I know!]

[But arrogant.]

[You....!]

[Logging off.......]

Zion was busy swearing TOM when his phone rung. He looked at it and saw that it was the doctor. "Hello doctor Miles, you calling me means that you already have the result."

When he suspects something, he would always want to confirm his suspicions. Garvin's mother and George closeness always bothered him and when he found out that the two knew each other for a long time, he hired a private investigator to investigate further- especially their past. Of course he didn't forget to hypnotize the private investigator to make sure that he will keep his mouth shut.