Flashback

~ first day of high school ~

Riley's POV

I woke up on Monday morning not wanting to go to school as every teenager does, but today was my first day of high school so that gave me a bit of motivation.

I finally rolled out of bed and started to get ready, I went into the bathroom and had a quick shower then I put on a pair of skinny jeans and a flowy light red top. Then I curled my hair and put on some simple makeup.

I went downstairs to see my older brother Cameron eating a bowl of cereal, I grabbed an apple and say down beside him at the table.

"Any tips for my first day?" I asked him taking a bite of my apple.

"Stay away from my friends." he said harshly.

I was a little shocked to be honest, cause we have a
pretty good brother sister relationship.

"Why?" I asked cautiously.

"Cause they're my friends and I don't want you to get involved with them." he replied

"Why not? Am I an embarrassment or something?" now I was annoyed, he's never done this to me.

"No, it's not that... It's just, well... I want to protect you. Protect you from being hurt."

"Protect me?!? I'm almost 15 Cam and your only a year older than me so what makes you think I need 'protection'? and how would I be hurt by your friends?" now I was standing, I don't get why he's doing this, he never does this.

"Just stay away from them okay! Just trust me!" He yelled.

That shut me up, I've never herd him yell before, it was so unlike him. I'll stay away from his friends, I'll just listen to him.

"What's going on down here?!?" my mom said coming down the stairs.

Cam went back to eating his cereal and I say down with just a simple "nothing."

"Well we better get you two to school, don't want to be late for your first day!"

"Ughhh" Cam and I both said standing up to grab our bags.

Well, here goes nothing.