♥05♥ Animal Kingdom Arc - There's nothing to fear

"You're trying to eat the honey from the beehive?!" Dark Shadow couldn't believe what Yuuki was telling him. He was visibly shocked that his face looked comical. "But bee stings hurt! They hurt so much!" He stuck a bandaid on Yuuki's cheek so the small cut could heal on her face. 

"Yeah, but the honey is so tasty that it's worth the pain." She was wagging her tail as she spoke to Dark Shadow. 

"You're too much!" 

"Hehe~." 

She seemed to have made a new friend. That new friend was Dark Shadow, Tokoyami's Quirk, a dark entity that dwell within him. He could get stronger within the darkness but more calm when there was light. Right now, Tokoyami was sitting by the fire so Dark Shadow coming out was not a problem right now. 

"Still, you're not fully immune to bee stings, too much of it can kill a real honey badger. You should be careful." Tokoyami warned her, clearly hinting he doesn't want her to touch the beehive. 

Yuuki looked up at the beehive and then at Tokoyami. "Tch." 

"You're actually thinking of raiding the beehive." Tokoyami sweatdropped at her facial expressions and he sighed as he stared at the fire with crossed arms. He looked like he was thinking hard about something. 

"You okay?" Yuuki asked him. 

"I'm just wondering how long we will be here for." 

"You don't look like the type to worry about such things." 

Tokoyami shook his head, "One's own worry could cause a domino effect. I'd rather stay quiet in order for everyone to maintain this sense of tranquility and order. Honestly, I am scared, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't." They were all in an unknown world, of course they would be frightened for each unknown tomorrow. Tokoyami chose not to voice out the worry because he knew there were people who were much weaker than him and more scared than he was. 

She couldn't understand this sense of fear that everyone was feeling though. She didn't know what to say, she wanted to say something though. 

Tokoyami noticed her struggling to give an input, but he just smiled at her. "It's okay. I'm not telling you this and expecting you to comfort me. I just thought it's nice to have someone willing to listen." He's usually quiet, but he's not shy to talk once someone was there to lend an ear. 

"I don't understand fear, but okay." 

"As of now, I am not sure what to think about you." He admitted. He's honestly unsure because she had killed both heroes and villains before...where does she stand before the whole of Class 1-A, who aimed to become pro heroes. "Regardless, I believe you are the key to getting us back to our world. I won't let you die." 

Yuuki smiled confidently at Tokoyami, "I won't die. That is how powerful I am." 

Smiles exchanged, both acknowledged one another right there. With this exchange, she knew he was on her side. 

Tokoyami could sense the presence of an enemy! But because it's so dark, he's at a disadvantage since he couldn't control Dark Shadow without the fire's light! He had to stay put near the fire no matter what! 

Yuuki could sense something was nearby too. She growled and she got on all fours as her transformation took place. "Grr...!" 

"Yuuki, in my current state, I am not going to be much help." Tokoyami warned her. 'What do we do?' First thing's first, try and sense where the enemy was!

Yuuki was struck in the side! The tackle was so harsh that her back hits the tree! "Gah!"

"Yuuki!"